Quinoa Power Salad made with a Tahini Lemon Dressing is a flavorful vegan salad to enjoy at a bbq or gathering!
Whether you are searching for a salad to make for lunches or just really wanting a new way to cook with quinoa you’ve found the right recipe!
You will love this this vegan/vegetarian option because quinoa is high in protein and it’s such a great addition to salads (which usually are lacking protein, right!?)
You can add nuts to this as well too – walnuts or pecans are great options!
People might be moving on to other ancient grains like teff, spelt, or amaranth… but I still really enjoy this ancient grain.
Quinoa is a complete protein since it has all nine essential amino acids.
A 1-cup serving also provides about 20% of the iron and phosphorous needed on a daily basis. It cooks in about 15-20 minutes just like white rice – so it does not require that much labor.
Quinoa Salad is also best made a few hours in advance (or the day before is perfectly fine too) so it has time to sit in the fridge to let the flavors mix and so you can serve it nice & cold!
What you’ll need for quinoa vegan salad:
- Vegetable Broth
- Kidney beans
- Roma Tomatoes
- Green bell pepper
- Yellow Corn
- Red Onion
- Chili Powder, Cumin, salt and pepper
How to make Tahini Lemon Dressing:
- In a small bowl whisk together 1/4 cup tahini, 1/4 cup olive oil, 4 Tbsp. lemon juice, 1 clove garlic minced, 1/4 tsp. cayenne, salt and pepper to taste.
- Depending on how thick or runny your tahini is, you may need to add more olive oil to get the consistency you like.
How to make quinoa power salad:
- Cook the quinoa on the stove – 1 cup quinoa to 2 cups broth.
- Chop and dice all of the ingredients vegetables and place in a large bowl.
- Once the quinoa is done, stir together with the veggies, toss with the dressing or drizzle over the top prior to serving.
What are some of your favorite ways to eat quinoa?! Let me know in the comments and don’t forget to tag @krolls_korner on Instagram so I can see all of the recipes you make!Quinoa Power Salad made with a Tahini Lemon Dressing is a flavorful vegan salad to enjoy at a bbq or gathering! #quinoa #krollskorner Click To Tweet
Vegan Quinoa Power Salad
Quinoa Power Salad made with a Tahini Lemon Dressing is a flavorful vegetarian salad to enjoy at a bbq or gathering!
- 1 cup quinoa - cook according to package
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can kidney beans (low sodium) drained and rinsed
- 1 cucumber chopped in quarters
- 3 roma tomatoes seeds removed, diced
- 1 green bell pepper seeds removed, diced
- 1 can yellow corn drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno, fresh diced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
Tahini Lemon Dressing
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- salt and pepper, to taste
Cook quinoa according to package (except using vegetable broth, not water).
While quinoa is cooking, chop all veggies. In a large bowl, place cooked quinoa, veggies and seasonings and stir together. Place in fridge to get cool, and enjoy cold! EASY PEASY!
Tahini Lemon Dressing
In a small bowl whisk together 1/4 cup tahini, 1/4 cup olive oil, 4 Tbsp. lemon juice, 1 clove garlic minced, 1/4 tsp. cayenne, salt and pepper to taste. Depending on how thick or runny your tahini is, you may need to add more olive oil to get the consistency you like.
If you don’t care for the tahini dressing – I love the Lemon Poppyseed dressing from my 6 Staple Summer Salad dressings blog post with this quinoa salad too!