Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad in a tomato wedge is perfect for bridal or baby showers – they can be prepped in advance and hold well in the fridge since the heirloom tomato is firm!
This Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad recipe has no mayonnaise. I took the mayo out of this chicken salad recipe because I quite honestly am not a huge fan of mayonnaise! I opted for plain Greek yogurt instead. And it’s SO good!
These beefsteak tomatoes are bursting with flavor this time of year. If you cannot find tomatoes to enjoy your chicken salad in you can enjoy it in a lettuce cup or between two slices of bread as a sandwich!
I had so much fun in the kitchen throwing this together because it really hit me that food is art. There are endless opportunities to cook with food in the kitchen and this is just one masterpiece that I am so proud of! I have been watching Chef’s Table on Netflix and it really is inspiring, to say the least. Have you watched it yet?! If not, I highly recommend it 🙂
This mayo-free dish is satisfying and provides your body with a plethora of nutrients.
With the tomato being the star of the show in this recipe it is just screaming healthy. This antioxidant rich tomato contains lycopene which can potentially inhibit cancer cell growth and enhance cardiovascular health.
For the chicken salad, I purchased a rotisserie chicken to cut down on prep time, shredded it, and added in plain Greek yogurt with celery, green onions, garbanzo beans, and several other ingredients.Mayo-free Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad in a Tomato Wedge! (or enjoy just as is or as a sandwich! #lowcarb #mayofree #yum #krollskorner Click To Tweet
Tomato Wedge with Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
- 6 large heirloom tomatoes
- fresh curly parsley for garnish
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt, plain
- 1 Rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 16 oz. can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 2 stalks green onions diced
- 4 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. red pepper chili flakes
- Cut the tomato into 8 wedges, being careful not to slice through the bottom.
- Mix all of the remaining ingredients (except parsley) in a large bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
- Scoop chicken salad into tomato and garnish with fresh parsley. Can be made ahead of time and stored in fridge until ready to serve! You can also eat as is, on a bed of lettuce or as a sandwich!