Hi, I’m Tawnie!
Welcome to Kroll’s Korner – a place where I like to share recipes with a healthy twist and the occasional post about cookies and muffins. (Life balance!)
I started Kroll’s Korner back in 2014 when many friends and family members continually told me I needed a platform for all this yummy looking food I was posting to Facebook. I did not know anything about blogging or food photography, and I am still learning something new every day, and I absolutely love it. And that is the very short story of how Kroll’s Korner was born.
As a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, my focus is sharing nutrient rich and easy-to-make-meals with you. Eating healthy is already challenging, especially in this fast paced society we live in and I just want to make it fun and reasonable for you to do the same.
A few things about me:
- I was born and raised in Clovis, CA and still live here – and love it!
- Rugby, my yellow lab, is my food photography partner in crime. Rugby also has a sister as of Dec. 2017 – Bella (she’s an Aussie and full of love and energy!!)
- My guilty pleasures after a long day are 1. Eating a heaping tablespoon of peanut butter straight out of the jar or 2. Cold Stone coffee ice cream with a brownie!
- As far as physical activity, my current obsession is reformer pilates and the occasional yoga. I am a Pilates instructor at BEYOND Studios in Clovis, CA and am loving teaching on the reformer!
- I am Italian and Armenian, so needless to say I grew up eating (and still do) some of the most delicious foods.
- Relationships with family & friends are important to me – when I’m not cooking/blogging/taking photos you can find me around my fun group of friends and my loving family.
- I graduated from Fresno State in 2014 and also completed my Dietetic Internship through Fresno State. Next goal in life: Master’s Degree!
I currently shoot all of my photos with a Canon 80D and my two favorite lenses I use right now are the Canon 50mm f/1.8 and the Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro. I have done recipe development for Nestlé, a2milk, Chobani, Landmark Vineyards, 1st Quality Produce, The Bar Method Fresno/Clovis, and Old Town Clovis. If you are interested in working with me, please visit my contact page.
Thank you for stopping by!