Strawberry Spinach Salad: the Spring & Summer Salad you’ve been searching for! Light, refreshing, crunchy and nutrient rich!
Strawberry Spinach Basil Salad screams warmer weather. It’s Spring here in Fresno about 68 degrees today but in a month or so these temps will be screaming 90 and above!
A many of you know the Pilates studio I am working at is called BEYOND Studios – we teach reformer Pilates and needless to say – I’m HOOKED.
I love that it is low-impact, yet we make it challenging by adding in cardio components (like using the trampoline)! We call the workout PHIT – Pilates Hybrid Interval Training – have you worked out on a reformer before? If not, you should try!
Between teaching classes, I make recipes for the blog. Living the dream life!!
It’s almost 1 year since I left my stable 8-5 job and I am so thankful for this new life I have made for myself. AND ultra thankful for all of your love and support!!! Would not be here if it wasn’t for you. So a million times thank you.
As a dietitian I love being able to combine my passion for health and nutrition with teaching fitness. They go hand in hand! Since I do workout so often I am constantly thinking of creative ways to fuel my body – this salad paired with a Margarita Pizza the other night hit the spot!
What makes this salad different from other spinach strawberry salads?
- I use fresh basil in my salad and the dressing is the ultimate kicker.
- The other fixings in this salad include red onions, feta cheese, and walnuts…and strawberries of course!
Tell me more about this dressing…
- This dressing is hands down one of my favorite dressings of all time and it’s only 4 ingredients yet producers smashing results.
- You will use either boysenberry or strawberry preserves and mix with olive oil, balsamic and Sriracha. If your preserves are a little think, you can always toss in the food processor and pulse a few times. That’s it!
This salad is…
- Loaded with flavonoids and polyphenols (hello seasonal berries)
- Easy to make
I hope you enjoy it!!
Spinach, Basil, and Strawberry Summer Salad
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Boysenberry or strawberry preserves
- 1 tsp. Sriracha sauce or another hot sauce you prefer
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil chiffonade
- 1 small red onion halved and sliced thinly crosswise
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 cups fresh strawberries sliced
- 4 oz. feta cheese
- Combine vinegar, preserves, hot sauce, and olive oil in a small bowl or jar. Shake/whisk until combined and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix spinach, basil, onion, and walnuts. Drizzle dressing over lightly and toss to mix. Gently stir in strawberries and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Right before serving, top with the feta cheese.