Strawberry Spinach Salad: the Spring & Summer Salad you’ve been searching for! Light, refreshing, crunchy and nutrient rich!
Strawberry Spinach Basil Salad screams warmer weather. It’s Spring here in Fresno about 68 degrees today but in a month or so these temps will be screaming 90 and above!
A many of you know the Pilates studio I am working at is called BEYOND Studios – we teach reformer Pilates and needless to say – I’m HOOKED.
I love that it is low-impact, yet we make it challenging by adding in cardio components (like using the trampoline)! We call the workout PHIT – Pilates Hybrid Interval Training – have you worked out on a reformer before? If not, you should try!
Between teaching classes, I make recipes for the blog. Living the dream life!!
It’s almost 1 year since I left my stable 8-5 job and I am so thankful for this new life I have made for myself. AND ultra thankful for all of your love and support!!! Would not be here if it wasn’t for you. So a million times thank you.
As a dietitian I love being able to combine my passion for health and nutrition with teaching fitness. They go hand in hand! Since I do workout so often I am constantly thinking of creative ways to fuel my body – this salad paired with a Margarita Pizza the other night hit the spot!
What makes this salad different from other spinach strawberry salads?
- I use fresh basil in my salad and the dressing is the ultimate kicker.
- The other fixings in this salad include red onions, feta cheese, and walnuts…and strawberries of course!
Tell me more about this dressing…
- This dressing is hands down one of my favorite dressings of all time and it’s only 4 ingredients yet producers smashing results.
- You will use either boysenberry or strawberry preserves and mix with olive oil, balsamic and Sriracha. If your preserves are a little think, you can always toss in the food processor and pulse a few times. That’s it!
This salad is…
- Loaded with flavonoids and polyphenols (hello seasonal berries)
- Easy to make
I hope you enjoy it!!
Spinach, Basil, and Strawberry Summer Salad
Simple ingredients and perfect for summer!
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Boysenberry or strawberry preserves
- 1 tsp. Sriracha sauce or another hot sauce you prefer
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil chiffonade
- 1 small red onion halved and sliced thinly crosswise
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 cups fresh strawberries sliced
- 4 oz. feta cheese
Combine vinegar, preserves, hot sauce, and olive oil in a small bowl or jar. Shake/whisk until combined and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix spinach, basil, onion, and walnuts. Drizzle dressing over lightly and toss to mix. Gently stir in strawberries and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Right before serving, top with the feta cheese.