Strawberry Spinach Basil Salad
Appetizers & Snacks | Published Apr 8, 2019 | Updated Mar 7, 2023 | By Tawnie
Strawberry Spinach Salad: the Spring & Summer Salad you’ve been searching for! Light, refreshing, crunchy and nutrient rich!
Strawberry Spinach Basil Salad screams warmer weather. It’s Spring here in Fresno about 68 degrees today but in a month or so these temps will be screaming 90 and above!
A many of you know the Pilates studio I am working at is called BEYOND Studios – we teach reformer Pilates and needless to say – I’m HOOKED.
I love that it is low-impact, yet we make it challenging by adding in cardio components (like using the trampoline)! We call the workout PHIT – Pilates Hybrid Interval Training – have you worked out on a reformer before? If not, you should try!
Between teaching classes, I make recipes for the blog. Living the dream life!!
It’s almost 1 year since I left my stable 8-5 job and I am so thankful for this new life I have made for myself. AND ultra thankful for all of your love and support!!! Would not be here if it wasn’t for you. So a million times thank you.
As a dietitian I love being able to combine my passion for health and nutrition with teaching fitness. They go hand in hand! Since I do workout so often I am constantly thinking of creative ways to fuel my body – this salad paired with a Margarita Pizza the other night hit the spot!
What makes this salad different from other spinach strawberry salads?
- I use fresh basil in my salad and the dressing is the ultimate kicker.
- The other fixings in this salad include red onions, feta cheese, and walnuts…and strawberries of course!
Tell me more about this dressing…
- This dressing is hands down one of my favorite dressings of all time and it’s only 4 ingredients yet producers smashing results.
- You will use either boysenberry or strawberry preserves and mix with olive oil, balsamic and Sriracha. If your preserves are a little think, you can always toss in the food processor and pulse a few times. That’s it!
This salad is…
- Loaded with flavonoids and polyphenols (hello seasonal berries)
- Easy to make
I hope you enjoy it!!
Spinach, Basil, and Strawberry Summer Salad
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Boysenberry or strawberry preserves
- 1 tsp. Sriracha sauce or another hot sauce you prefer
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil chiffonade
- 1 small red onion halved and sliced thinly crosswise
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 cups fresh strawberries sliced
- 4 oz. feta cheese
- Combine vinegar, preserves, hot sauce, and olive oil in a small bowl or jar. Shake/whisk until combined and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix spinach, basil, onion, and walnuts. Drizzle dressing over lightly and toss to mix. Gently stir in strawberries and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Right before serving, top with the feta cheese.
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!
Hi, I’m Tawnie!
Welcome to my tiny “korner” on the Internet! I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who loves cookies as much as kale. (OK, maybe I like cookies a little bit more but shh, don’t tell anyone). I am so glad you’re here! Follow along for hassle free, realistic and approachable recipes.More about Tawnie
So pretty! I can almost taste it
Thank you 🙂
Count me in for this summer salad! Looks so tasty!
Thank you so much Lauren! 🙂
I LOVE strawberry salads! I will be so happy to have a recipe now. (great pics too!)
Thank you so much Susie!! xo
What a gorgeous salad! Perfect for healthy sprig and summer eating! That pilates workout sounds wonderful, I wonder if there is anything like that around where I live?
Thank you so so much!
Reformer pilates…maybe! They are popping up everywhere! 🙂
This salad has EVERYTHING I love! I am totally and completely sold and the dressing sounds out of this world! Also, LOVE your pics!
Thank you so so much!!
Ooh that looks crazy good! I bet the strawberries and basil are fantastic together. Thanks for such a great idea!
I’ve never tryed a sort of combination basil+strawberries. Will definetely try it. Thanks for sharing
I hope you love it! Thank you!
I can’t wait to get back to pilates (post-pregnancy)! I miss it more than I even imagined. I haven’t really gotten into reformer pilates though. Still on my list! This salad, however, will be happening immediately! It looks PERFECT!!
You’ll love the reformer!! & thank you so much!!
I love strawberries in a salad. They add so much flavour, without adding a lot of extra calories.
I love this salad. So fresh and summery
Thanks so much!:)