What’s better than a bunch of small oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies? One GIANT Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookie SKILLET!
It’s been so nice getting back in the swing of things post vacation! I am back on a regular sleep schedule, eating lots of fruits and veggies, exercising and drinking tons of water. The only thing that’s not different is my love for dessert!
I literally woke up craving this Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet the other morning. Not cookies, but specifically a cookie skillet!
This cookie skillet is…
- Chewy, moist and THICK!
- Has the perfect balance of raisins and chocolate chips
- Filled with spices: Nutmeg and cinnamon have never tasted better
- Easy to make
- Delicious with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top!
What type of cast iron should I use to make the skillet?
- Any cast iron will work. I have a LODGE 10″ Cast Iron Skillet. It was the PERFECT size for this recipe – not too big, not too small!
- Chocolate drizzle (this is what I did! Melt chocolate chips with a little coconut oil and drizzle over the skillet!)
- Ice cream – this is best when it comes out warm. Think Pizookie!
- Fresh berries + whipped cream
I love that the whole dessert bakes at once in a single skillet. Plus, the cast iron gives this cookie skillet tall sides/edges and your well-seasoned cast-iron pan creates a great crust on the cookie. Once it’s done baking let it cool, slice, and serve with your favorite toppings!An irresistibly delicious oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookie skillet! Easy to make and what's not to love about one giant cookie?! #krollskorner Click To Tweet
Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
A chewy, soft, and easy to make cookie skillet that will satisfy all of your oatmeal raisin cookie needs!
- 8 Tbsp. unsalted butter (1 stick), softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups quick rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chocolate chips (plus a little more to sprinkle on top)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray your cast iron with PAM. (Be sure to clean your cast iron thoroughly before baking).
In a stand mixer, beat the softened butter and sugars into mixed. Then add in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix again.
In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, spices and salt and then add this into the wet ingredients. Then add in the quick oats, raisins and chocolate chips just until incorporated.
Press this mixture into the cast iron and top with additional chocolate chips if desired. Bake for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean and the top is lightly browned.
Let sit for 10 minutes before digging in (if you can wait!!). Enjoy!