Calling all Carrot Cake lovers, this ice cream sandwich was made for YOU!
I know this is a dessert but the RDN in me wants to tell you that at least you are getting fiber from the oats and the carrots are a good source of vitamin A and contain antioxidants (carotene)!!
I also used whole wheat flour instead of regular All-Purpose flour! OK, enough of that – and just enjoy the damn dessert, right? 😉
Sometimes we get caught up in trying to create and “unhealthy” dessert into a super “healthy” treat and we stray from the point of dessert. It’s meant to be indulgent, rich, creamy and delicious. Enjoy it while you can but enjoy mindfully!
These carrot cake cookies are soft, chewy and basically everything you can dream of in a cookie!
You can enjoy them as they are, or of course go on to making the ice cream sandwiches.
With summer on it’s way these ice cream sandwiches will be a perfect treat to enjoy.
The recipe makes about 24-26 cookies so about 12-14 sandwiches.
If you are having a party these would be great to make a head of time and you can cut them in half for guests if one whole sandwich seems too overwhelming!Cool off with an Ice Cream Sandwich made with Carrot Cake Cookies! #krollskorner Click To Tweet
Did you make this recipe? Tag @krolls_korner on Instagram or send me a pic, I’d love to see!
- Looking for easy and healthy recipes? Head over to my Pinterest page to get inspired!
- You can also find me on Twitter and Facebook – follow along for nutrition info and more recipes.
Free eBooks: Muffin But Goodness & Instant Pot Dinner Recipes
Ice Cream Sandwiches with Carrot Cake Cookies
- 2 cups flour can be whole wheat or all purpose
- 1/2 cup quick rolled oats
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 8 Tbsp. unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated carrots (use microplane or cheese grater)
- optional: 1/4 cup raisins, 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar for rolling cookies in prior to baking
- 1 gallon Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. In a stand mixer or in a bowl using a hand held beater, beat softened butter, brown sugar and white sugar/ Beat until light and fluffy – about 2 minutes. Add in the eggs and vanilla until incorporated. Slowly add in the flour mixture and stir just until incorporated. Lastly fold in the carrots and any other optional ingredients (nuts, raisins).
- Roll into ball (you may need a little flour on hands to prevent from sticking). Roll ball generously in the powdered sugar and then place on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Cool cookies completely and then take a scoop of the softened ice cream and sandwich between 2 cookies to make your cookie sandwich.
- Repeat with all cookies and then FREEZE for 30 min. (or eat immediately because you can’t resist!).