Quick Vegetarian Ramen is a healthy noodle bowl with flavorful components like fresh ginger and soft boiled eggs.
Not only is this dish quick to make and gorgeous, but it’s downright delicious, too! 30 minutes maxx and you have a steaming bowl of deliciousness.
Slow simmered broths are the rich bases of typical ramen recipes. But there is nothing slow about this recipe. Weeknight ramen dreams do come true.
We have been savoring this quick vegetarian ramen on a regular basis.
Move over chicken noodle soup—ramen is the new bowl of comfort. I’ve made a Japanese-style soup with a simple twist, flavored with soy sauce, sesame oil and chili paste.
One of the best parts of the soup in my opinion is the addition of soft boiled eggs. Not only do the provide a pop of color but they are a nutritious addition to the meal.
HOW TO MAKE SOFT BOILED EGGS:
My favorite way to make soft boiled eggs is by using the Instant Pot:
- Have an Instant Pot? Great! Let’s make the perfect soft boiled eggs in your Instant Pot for these breakfast muffins! First, pour 2 cups of water in your Instant Pot. Place the steamer/trivet on the bottom and place 6 eggs on top. I actually make 7 eggs just in case an egg decides it wants to explode!
- Put your lid on the Instant Pot. Plug it in. Set your Instant Pot to low pressure for 3 minutes. Turn the valve on top of the Instant Pot to sealing. This will actually take closer to 10 minutes since your Instant Pot needs to come to pressure.
- Once your Instant Pot is done and it beeps, use a towel to quick release the pressure (change the valve from sealing to venting). Be sure not to hover right over the Instant pot… back away from it a little so the steam doesn’t blow right into your face. (ouch.)
- Take the lid off, and place the eggs immediately in a bowl filled with ice and water. Let the eggs chill in the ice bath for 30-60 seconds. Remove from ice bath, peel. Done!
My next favorite way to make soft boiled eggs is on the stove:
- Bring water to boil in a saucepan. Then reduce it to a rapid simmer and gently add your eggs into the sauce pan one at a time. You might not be able to cook 6 eggs in one pan, so you may need to cook them in batches. 4 eggs at 1 time max.
- COOK THE EGGS FOR 6 MINUTES. Set a timer!!
- While the eggs cook you can prep you water ice bath. In a bowl, fill with ice and water. When the eggs are done place them in the ice water for 30-60 seconds. Peel & done!
This Quick Vegetarian Ramen is…
- Simple to make
- Only takes 30 minutes
- Easy weeknight dinner
- Full of flavor and nutrition
- Family favorite!
Quick Vegetarian Ramen
Not only is this dish quick to make and gorgeous, but it’s downright delicious, too! 30 minutes top and you have a steaming bowl of deliciousness.
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. ginger, fresh, minced
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 3 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce, or coconut aminos
- 1/2 bunch green onions, diced
- 4 oz. white mushrooms, sliced
- 4 packs ramen noodles (season packets discarded)
- 4 eggs soft boiled
- soup topping ideas: carrots, dried seaweed, chicken, soft boiled eggs, chili paste/sauce, sesame seeds
For the green onions:
- 1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. chili paste
- 1 tsp. red pepper chili flakes
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the green onions. Set aside to let them “marinate.”
Heat sesame oil in a large soup pot. Add the garlic and ginger and stir & sauté until fragrant. Be sure to watch carefully so it does not burn!
Add in the vegetable broth and then the soy sauce, green onions, white mushrooms and bring to a simmer. Then add in the ramen noodles and cook until soft. 2-3 minutes.
Pour soup into a bowl. Top with the green onions that have been marinating, sesame seeds, carrots, soft boiled eggs, dried seaweed, more chili paste/sauce.