This Cream Cheese Pasta Bake is a spin off of the Baked Feta Pasta that went viral on TikTok in early February 2021!
I am usually not one for trends or even trying out recipes seen on TikTok, but this one I had to try and make my own version.
Table of contents
Ingredients you will need:
With just a few simple ingredients you’ll be able to whip up this delicious weeknight meal and I know you’ll be as obsessed with it as we are!
- Cherry Tomatoes: cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes work best for this recipe.
- White onion: I love the flavor that onion adds to this dish. Yellow onion works fine too!
- Sun dried tomatoes: adding in spinach and sun-dried tomatoes gives this dish a tuscan feel. I usually add in some of the oil from the jar that the sun dried tomatoes are in too for a boost of flavor!
- Olive oil: opt for a good quality olive oil. The olive oil coats all of the ingredients and helps prevent anything from sticking to the casserole dish.
- Seasonings: Garlic, Italian seasoning, Salt & pepper. Feel free to play around with other seasonings you’d like to add like oregano, thyme, roasted garlic, etc.
- Cream cheese: Full fat cream cheese is what I use, but a reduced fat cream cheese will do the job too!
- Fresh spinach: stir in the fresh spinach at the end. It will wilt right into the warm dish!
- Basil: to garnish
- Pasta: I used mini bow tie pasta noodles, but you can use any pasta shape you prefer! Pick your favorite shape and switch it up for fun!
Step by Step Directions
It’s really so EASY you guys. I could almost do it in my sleep! Here’s the low down:
- Grab an oven safe casserole dish.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and seasonings to the dish. Stir to combine.
- Add the block of cream cheese to the center of the dish.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 min.
- Remove from oven, smash tomatoes down with a spoon and stir the cream cheese to create a sauce.
- Stir in spinach and cooked pasta. Serve immediately & enjoy.
Tips and FAQs
- Add a protein! We love this with chicken or even chicken sausage. It would be delicious with shrimp, salmon, or tofu too!
- Use your favorite pasta shape: Linguine, bow tie, penne, spaghetti, etc. The options are endless!
- Add in more veggies: Mushrooms, bell peppers and asparagus are yummy options. Swap out the spinach with another green like kale!
- Can I make it with another type of cheese? I haven’t tested this recipe with another type of cheese but of course feta cheese is an option. Goat cheese may work too.
PS If you try this recipe, why not leave a star rating in the recipe card right below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page? I always appreciate your feedback! You can also follow me on Pinterest or Instagram. Sign up for my email list, too!
Cream Cheese Pasta Bake
- 20 oz. cherry tomatoes (2 pints)
- 1/2 small white onion, minced
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach, gently torn
- basil (optional garnish)
- 8 oz. pasta of choice, cooked
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Pour the cherry tomatoes, onions, sun dried tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper into an oven safe casserole dish. Stir to combine.
- Place the cream cheese in the center.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes. (Bake until the cheese is golden and looks like it's about to fall apart).
- Meanwhile, cook pasta of choice according to package directions.
- Remove the casserole dish from the oven. Smash the tomatoes down using a spoon and stir the cream cheese until it creates a sauce.
- Stir in the spinach until wilted and then stir in cooked pasta noodles. Serve immediately and garnish with basil. Taste and adjust add more salt or pepper as desired.
- Storage: Allow pasta dish to cool then transfer to an air tight container. Store in fridge for 3-4 days.
- Add a protein of choice to make this a more satisfying meal! Chicken, bacon, grilled shrimp, salmon, steak, tofu, etc.
- Use any pasta shape you prefer.
- Make sure the sun dried tomatoes are mixed in the dish to prevent them from burning.
Hi, I’m Tawnie!
Welcome to my tiny “korner” on the Internet! I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who loves cookies as much as kale. (OK, maybe I like cookies a little bit more but shh, don’t tell anyone). I am so glad you’re here! Follow along for hassle free, realistic and approachable recipes.More about Tawnie