Kale me crazy…but this is probably one of my favorite salads EVER. The flavor combo is to die for and it has the perfect crunchiness and sweetness! I know many of us are tired of hearing about kale in the media and how it reaps so many health benefits, but it’s true. Kale is loaded with antioxidant vitamins A, K, and C and is a good source of essential minerals such as potassium, copper, iron, and phosphorus. To top it off, just one cup of this super food is only about 40 calories. woo-hoo!
PIN this recipe for later!
💚💙KALE BLUEBERRY SALAD💙💚 Get back to your normal routine with this kale & blueberry salad!! This recipe has been on the blog since 2015 and I think it's time it deserves a little more attention 🤗👍🏼 It's one of my favorites and soon to be one of yours as well! 😉 Head over to the blog for the full recipe ➡️ krollskorner.com or #linkinprofile ✨•• https://krollskorner.com/recipes/kale-blueberry-salad/ •• ✨ #kaleyeah #kalemecrazy #krollskorner #nutrition #rdapproved #dietitian #dietetics #yum #nom • • • #instayum #instadaily #eatright #yahoofood #buzzfeast #f52grams #feedfeed #eeeeeats #dietitian #eatingwell #food52gram #thekitchn #saveur #inmykitchen #huffposttaste #epicurious #mycommontable #foodandwine #wholefood #foodblogeats #realfood
I love everything going on in this salad from the feta cheese to the bulgar and I hope you do too!. Other grain substitutions for the salad could be quinoa, wheat berries, farro, or wild rice. I am a big fan of Southern Living Magazine and I adapted the recipe from there. I encourage you all to browse the rest of my blog for more healthy (mostly) recipes!
- 1 cup bulgar
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 (8-oz.) package sugar snap peas
- 4 cups coarsely chopped kale
- 1/2 cup red wine vinaigrette (ingredients below)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 large shallot, minced
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- Cook bulgar according to package. Once cooked, drain and rinse under cold water until bulgar is cool. Place in large bowl.
- Then, bring water to boil in a medium sauce pan and cook peas in boiling salted water for ~2 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water; drain and pat dry. Slice some of the peas in half.
- Toss together kale, bulgar , and 1/4 cup vinaigrette in a large bowl. Let stand 30 minutes. Stir in blueberries, pecans, and sugar snap peas. Add salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with remaining vinaigrette.
- Stir together red wine vinegar and minced shallot; let stand 10 minutes. Whisk in olive oil and remaining ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 week.
- *I also like to add in avocado and red pepper chili flakes to top the salad off. Get creative!
- Looking for easy and healthy recipes? Head over to my Pinterest page to get inspired!
- You can also find me on Twitter and Facebook – follow along for nutrition info and more recipes.