This overnight artichoke spinach egg bake is a great gluten-free and vegetarian breakfast option. It’s packed with veggies, herbs, and feta cheese!
This post has been sponsored by Vital Farms. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Kroll’s Korner running!
Overnight Egg Bake Recipe
As many of you may know, I do the majority of my grocery shopping at Vons! Before I head to the store, I use my Vons app and head directly to the Just 4 U coupon category page.
People often ask me what kind of eggs I buy. I’m hooked on the Vital Farms Pasture-Raised Eggs these days. Have you bought Vital Farms Eggs before?! The color of their yolks alone are glorious! I mean, see for yourself.
Shopping at Vons is so convenient and easy, and everything is always so fresh. My first stop is always the dairy section, which is where I bought my Vital Farms Eggs and Butter. I think the Vital Farms chalkboard aesthetic packaging is so creative!
A few things I love about the Vital Farms eggs are that they’re pasture-raised, tended by hand on small family farms (I grew up on a farm in Selma, so this is soo important to me!), and they have the freedom to forage outdoors year-round (amazing!).
Plus, did you know that cage-free hens only get about 1 square foot of space and spend their entire lives indoors? That’s BS if you ask me. Vital Farms pasture-raised hens get 108 square feet and roam outside on real pastures year-round!
I also used Vital Farms Pasture-Raised Unsalted Butter (they also sell Vital Farms Pasture-Raised Sea Salted Butter) in this overnight egg bake.
I’m PICKY about the butter I buy at the store. This Vital Farms Butter, though, is great because their cows are pasture-raised and they’re raised with respect on American family farms. Most of the big brand butter comes from cows that spend their entire lives on concrete, but Vital Farms pasture-raised butter comes from contented cows living as nature intended— free to roam and graze their green pastures to their hearts’ content! Amen.
Have you had Vital Farms Eggs or Butter before? Let me know what you think of it in the comments below!
Artichoke spinach egg bake ingredients
I tried to keep the ingredients list for this veggie egg bake as short and sweet as possible so that you could easily make it during a busy week. Here’s what you’ll need to make this overnight egg bake:
- Vital Farm Pasture-Raised Unsalted Butter
- Red bell pepper
- Yellow onion
- Fresh spinach
- Canned artichokes
- Fresh dill
- Vital Farms eggs
- Feta cheese
- Salt and pepper
How to make artichoke spinach egg bake
The best part of this easy egg bake recipe? You bake it all in ONE PAN. To make this baked egg casserole, you first need to sauté your veggies in a frying pan with Vital Farms Unsalted Butter. Stir in the artichokes, and then set the veggies aside.
In a large bowl, crack the eggs. Add in the milk and seasonings, and whisk until eggs are completely broken up. Using the Vital Farms Unsalted Butter, butter the bottom of an 9×13-inch baking dish. Lay the veggies down first, and then pour the egg mixture on top.
At this point, you’d want to cover the overnight egg bake with plastic wrap and pop it in the fridge to rest. When you wake up, you top it with feta cheese and herbs, then bake. Easy peasy!
Does this have to sit overnight before I bake it?
No, you can bake this spinach egg casserole right away if desired. I just wanted you to have the option to prep this spinach egg bake the night before in case you’re making this for a holiday breakfast or something like that!
Can I make this with frozen spinach?
Most likely, yes. However, you’d need to thaw and thoroughly drain the spinach first.
Tips for making artichoke spinach egg bake
This is a fairly flexible recipe. If you have other veggies on hand you’d like to add to this easy egg bake, go for it! Just make sure to cook them first (either sauté or steam them) before adding them to the spinach egg bake.
You could also change up this veggie egg bake recipe by using different types of cheese in it. I love the slight saltiness the feta adds to this overnight egg bake, but goat cheese or your favorite cheese blend would work too.
Once baked, you can slice and serve this spinach egg bake immediately. You can also freeze and reheat the slices later on, if desired.
More easy breakfast recipes:
- Cranberry Orange Breakfast Bread
- Quinoa Egg Breakfast Muffins
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- Bacon, Basil, & Sun-Dried Tomato Egg Muffins
- Instant Pot Cinnamon Steel-Cut Oats
Overnight Artichoke Spinach Egg Bake
For the veggies:
- 4 Tbsp. Vital Farms Pasture-Raised Unsalted Butter
- 1 red bell pepper , diced
- 1 yellow onion , diced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 6 cups packed fresh spinach
- 13.5 oz. can artichokes , liquid drained and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill (plus more for garnish)
For the eggs:
- 12 Vital Farms Eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Butter a 9×13-inch baking dish with 2 Tbsp. of the Vital Farms Butter, set pan aside.
- In a large sauté pan, melt 2 Tbsp. butter and sauté the bell pepper and onion for about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt, and then add in the garlic and fresh spinach until the spinach cooks down.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chopped artichokes and fresh dill.
- Place the veggies down in a single layer into the prepared pan.*
- Crack 12 Vital Farms eggs into a large bowl. Add in milk, salt, and pepper whisk together until eggs are completely broken up. Pour the egg mixture over the veggies.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight. (Or cook right away in an oven preheated to 375 degrees F). In the morning, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap.
- Top with feta cheese and bake for 40-45 minutes or until eggs are cooked. Enjoy with more feta and fresh dill on top.
PIN THIS Overnight Artichoke Spinach Egg Bake FOR LATER!