This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
The BEST Cookie Dough Smoothie made with plant based ingredients such as vegan protein powder, almond milk, hemp seeds and creamy peanut butter.
This delicious cookie dough smoothie is packed with antioxidants, plant protein and fiber for a healthy and satisfying snack!
Anyone else on a total smoothie kick right now?
Today I am sharing one of my favorite smoothies that has better for you ingredients and is totally evergreen – delicious anytime of the year!
Honestly, this smoothie is great for breakfast, perfect to enjoy with your lunch, great for a pre-dinner snack or even a treat for dessert!
- Protein powder: Your favorite protein powder or collagen works well. We love using either a vanilla or chocolate flavor. Look for plant-based protein powders if needed.
- Almond milk (or really any milk you prefer): You can always feel free to use any milk you’d like in my smoothie recipes. I typically like to use cows milk because we always have some on hand and I love the boost of protein and calcium, but since this is plant based, the almond milk tends to have a neutral taste that balanced out the other flavors.
- Frozen bananas: Using the frozen bananas will add a touch of sweetness to the smoothie and provide the luscious creamy consistency.
- Vegan chocolate chips: My favorite are the Enjoy life foods. If you aren’t vegan you can choose any chocolate chips that fit your fancy!
- Hemp seeds: Hemp seeds are high in protein (about 30% by weight) and antioxidants. They can be eaten raw or roasted and can be sprinkled on salads, added to smoothies, or used as an ingredient in muffins and cookies. Just 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds (10 g) provides 60 kcal and 5 g total fat!
- Peanut butter: A really creamy peanut butter works well and blends easily. In the past I’ve also used powdered peanut butter which also blends really well in smoothies and still gives you that great peanut-y taste. Plus powdered peanut butter is great for smoothies because it won’t stick to your blender!
- Cinnamon: for a hint of cinnamon-y flavor of course.
- Honey: (optional for sweetness)!
How to make the smoothie:
- Place all ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth. Taste and adjust flavors (sweetness, thickness).
- Pour into a glass and garnish with chocolate chips or homemade plant based cookie dough! Enjoy!
Tips for making the best smoothies:
- Make it THICKER and more CREAMY by using frozen fruit, yogurt or ice! (in berry based smoothies avocado is delicious to add as well).
- Sometimes protein powders can make a smoothie bitter. Combat this with adding a bit of vanilla extract, agave, cacao, or unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Add in more nutritional boosters like ground flaxseed or chia seeds.
- Add in veggies if you’d like: a handful of spinach or frozen cauliflower would be perfect additions.
- Adjust your smoothie: add more liquid if you prefer it more on the thinner side or add more frozen bananas to thicken it up!
- Taste and adjust: add a touch more honey or maple syrup if you feel like it needs to be sweeter.
- Use ripe bananas: using frozen ripe bananas will help give the smoothie the perfect amount of natural sweetness.
Should I add ice to my smoothies?
If you’re using frozen fruit (bananas in this case) I usually don’t recommend adding ice unless you plan to drink the smoothie RIGHT after making it. The ice will water down the smoothie and make it very slushy.
Can I add in any greens?
It might change the color of the smoothie a bit but totally feel free to add in greens. Adding in spinach or kale is a great option. Baby greens are typically milder in flavor compared to mature greens. Try starting with baby spinach and then work your way up to trying the kale.
What other milks besides almond milk can I add?
Most milks work really well in this smoothie. Some other options are pea protein milk (such as Ripple), cashew milk, coconut milk, oat milk, hemp milk, or even cashew milk.
Let me know what you think of this smoothie recipe in the comments below. Enjoy!!
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes You Will Love
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- 1 scoop protein powder (vanilla or your favorite)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 large frozen ripe banana*
- 2 Tbsp. vegan chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- 2 Tbsp. powdered peanut butter or creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. honey or maple syrup (optional)
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, plain (optional if not vegan) I love adding in for extra creaminess if I have some in the fridge
Last step! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust flavors (sweetness, thickness). Pour into a glass and garnish with chocolate chips or homemade plant based cookie dough! Enjoy!
- *Make the smoothie more CREAMY by using more frozen bananas, Greek yogurt or even avocado.
- Sometimes protein powders can make a smoothie bitter. Combat this with adding a bit of , agave, cacao, or unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Use vegan protein powder or your favorite protein powder.