This Cookie Dough Smoothie is a healthy and delicious any-time-of-day smoothie filled with protein and satisfying nutrients without compromising your favorite cookie dough flavors!
The BEST Cookie Dough Smoothie made with plant based ingredients such as vegan protein powder, almond milk, hemp seeds and creamy peanut butter. This delicious cookie dough smoothie is packed with antioxidants, plant protein and fiber for a healthy and satisfying snack!
This post has been sponsored by Sprouts. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Kroll’s Korner running!
Anyone else on a total smoothie kick right now?
It’s HOT here in Fresno and I’ve been making smoothies on repeat! We’re in the 100s all week. Let’s just say I am thankful for air conditioning and pools!
Today I am sharing one of my favorite smoothies that has better for you ingredients and is totally evergreen – delicious anytime of the year!
Honestly, this smoothie is great for breakfast, perfect to enjoy with your lunch, great for a pre-dinner snack or even a treat for dessert!
Cookie Dough Smoothie Ingredients:
- Sprouts Salted Caramel Vegan Pea Protein : You’ll be able to find this in your local Sprouts now and they have other flavors as well such as chocolate and vanilla. I love that it is an easy to digest supplement for on the go fuel all day long!
- Almond milk (or really any milk you prefer): You can always feel free to use any milk you’d like in my smoothie recipes. I typically like to use cows milk because we always have some on hand and I love the boost of protein and calcium, but since this is plant based, the almond milk tends to have a neutral taste that balanced out the other flavors.
- Frozen bananas: Using the frozen bananas will add a touch of sweetness to the smoothie and provide the luscious creamy consistency.
- Vegan chocolate chips: My favorite are the Enjoy life foods. If you aren’t vegan you can choose any chocolate chips that fit your fancy!
- Hemp seeds: Hemp seeds are high in protein (about 30% by weight) and antioxidants. They can be eaten raw or roasted and can be sprinkled on salads, added to smoothies, or used as an ingredient in muffins and cookies. Just 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds (10 g) provides 60 kcal and 5 g total fat!
- Powdered peanut butter: I am all for the real deal when it comes to nut butters, but powdered peanut butter is great for smoothies because it won’t stick to your blender. What is it?? Well, it’s essentially powdered peanuts that have been pressed to remove much of the oil and fats.
- Cinnamon: for a hint of cinnamon-y flavor of course.
- Ice: also adds thickness.
- Honey: (optional for sweetness)!
How to make the smoothie:
- Place all ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth. Taste and adjust flavors (sweetness, thickness).
- Pour into a glass and garnish with chocolate chips or homemade plant based cookie dough! Enjoy!
Tips for making the best smoothies:
- Make it THICKER and more CREAMY by using frozen fruit, yogurt or ice! (in berry based smoothies avocado is delicious to add as well).
- Sometimes protein powders can make a smoothie bitter. Combat this with adding a bit of vanilla extract, agave, cacao, or unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Add the liquid slowly but don’t be nervous to add more liquid if it’s too thick!
Let me know what you think of this smoothie recipe in the comments below. Enjoy!!
Cookie Dough Smoothie (Plant Based!)Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate
- 1 scoop Salted Caramel Vegan Protein
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 large frozen banana
- 2 Tbsp. vegan chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- 2 Tbsp. powdered peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup ice
- 2 tsp. honey (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust flavors (sweetness, thickness). Pour into a glass and garnish with chocolate chips or homemade plant based cookie dough! Enjoy!
Some of you may have followed along on Instagram when I went to Arizona on sponsored travel with Sprouts to learn all about the Sprouts Brand!
I loved learning more about their values and wanted to share ways to save $ at Sprouts. 1. Shop the bulk section! They have tons of items from nuts to spices and grains. 2. Use their coupons! I get them in the mail and on the Sprouts app. 3. Shop fresh produce – it’s always on such a great deal!