Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Cakes & Pies | Published Oct 9, 2021 | Updated Feb 27, 2023 | By Tawnie
Dear Pumpkin Pie Smoothie…why are you so yummy?!
It’s nothing more than pumpkin puree, frozen bananas, greek yogurt and a few other simple ingredients blitzed in the blender for a minute but yet it’s something oh so magical!
It’s creamy, protein and nutrition packed, customizable and totally the Fall accessory your hand needs all Autumn long.
The cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice tie the smoothie together really making it seem like you’re enjoying pumpkin pie in a glass. Is there anything better?!
Table of contents
If you love pumpkin recipes, you’ll have to check out these Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip pancakes too! Plus, this smoothie is a great way to use up any leftover pumpkin puree you have in the fridge.
This smoothie is perfect to enjoy for breakfast, as an afternoon pick-me-up or even for a post-dinner treat! You can make it more decadent by adding a little whipped cream on top.
Why make this smoothie??
- It’s ready in just 5 minutes!
- Full of Fall flavors and is ultra-creamy
- Only 8 ingredients
- Easy to make dairy-free or vegan if needed
- Filling and protein-packed
- And oh…did I mention, tastes like pumpkin pie!!
8 simple ingredients is all you need for this nutritious smoothie!
- Pumpkin Puree: Be sure to use 100% canned pumpkin, and not the pumpkin pie mix. Pumpkin is a good source of vitamin A and vitamin C!
- Frozen Ripe Banana: helps to sweeten the smoothie, make it creamy and a great way add flavor and volume.
- Greek yogurt: We love to use a plain, full fat Greek yogurt. Makes it creamy and adds in a boost of protein. Feel free to use a dairy-free yogurt if needed.
- Orange juice: Orange and pumpkin are two orange foods that work really well together! The citrus brightens the pumpkins earthiness and enhance its sweetness.
- Evaporated Milk: We love the flavor evaporated milk gives this smoothie, but feel free to use almond milk, coconut milk, regular cows milk, or any milk you prefer.
- Cinnamon and Pumpkin Pie Spice: essential to bring out the pumpkin pie flavor!
- Honey: a touch of honey to add some sweetness (optional)
Step by Step Directions
Smoothie making couldn’t be easier and this recipe will keep you energized and full all morning long.
- Place all ingredients in a blender
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust ingredients if needed to make thicker or thinner.
- Pour into a glass, and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon or pecans.
Smoothie tip: smoothies need a perfect blend of liquid and solid ingredients to achieve the right texture. I like a thick smoothie! If you prefer a thinner consistency, add more milk.
Tips and variations
- Add in nutritional boosters like ground flaxseed, chia seeds, hemp seeds or a scoop of your favorite protein powder!
- Add in veggies if you’d like: a handful of spinach or frozen cauliflower would be perfect additions.
- Adjust your smoothie: add more liquid if you prefer it more on the thinner side or add more frozen bananas to thicken it up!
- Taste and adjust: add more honey or maple syrup if you feel like it needs to be sweeter.
- Use frozen ripe bananas: using frozen ripe bananas will help give the smoothie the perfect amount of natural sweetness.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? If you try this recipe, why not leave a star rating in the recipe card right below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page? I always appreciate your feedback! You can also follow me on Pinterest or Instagram. Sign up for my email list, too!
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 1 large frozen ripe banana
- 1/2 cup 100% pumpkin puree, chilled
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- In a large high powered blender, add in all ingredients and blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until smooth.
- If needed, add more milk to achieve desired consistency or more frozen banana for a creamier, thicker smoothie.
- Pour into a glass, garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon or pecans and enjoy immediately.
- Optional add ins: protein powder, chia seeds, flaxseed, nut butter.
Hi, I’m Tawnie!
Welcome to my tiny “korner” on the Internet! I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who loves cookies as much as kale. (OK, maybe I like cookies a little bit more but shh, don’t tell anyone). I am so glad you’re here! Follow along for hassle free, realistic and approachable recipes.More about Tawnie
There’s nothing better than pumpkin + spices in a smoothie. This recipe is the perfect Fall addition!
Thank you so much!!
What a perfect smoothie recipe to try this fall season. Thanks for sharing.
I love all things pumpkin! Now I can have my pumpkin cravings met in a healthier way!
We are still at 80 degrees here in GA and this smoothie was perfect to enjoy! So tasty!
Love it! Thank you!
Love a good Fall smoothie like this pumpkin pie smoothie! I have never tried using evaporated milk and will give it a try!
Hope you enjoy it!! Thank you!