This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
For almost 100 years we have been enjoying the American Cheeseburger and nothing has come close to replacing it, well, until you try my cheesy, Cheeseburger Sliders.
These juicy burgers start off by cooking lean ground beef with some simple ingredients: fresh onions, garlic, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and the tanginess of yellow mustard.
I wanted to make this simple so you just need a pack of King’s Hawaiian Savory Butter Rolls, and of course for this America Classic, I used some American Cheese.
The secret is to put a slice of cheese on the bottom rolls, then pack on the flavorful burger mix, and then pile on more American Cheese.
The cheese helps lock in the juiciness and amazing burger flavors and also helps keep the bun from getting soggy.
Needless to say, this recipe has simple ingredients but are really big on flavor!
Before baking, you’ll brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter and top them with sesame seeds. While they bake you can whisk together the ingredients for my sweet and tangy slider sauce.
These sliders are great for BBQs, game day, or any get together. They are reminiscent of a sloppy joe, (but better) your friends and family will not stop at just one individual slider so get ready to double the recipe!
You’ll love serving these up for an easy weeknight meal or at your next party!
Reasons Why You Will Love My Sheet Pan Cheeseburger Sliders
- This slider recipe is so easy and quick to make!
- Done in less than 30 minutes from prep to out-of-the-oven.
- No need to fire up the grill, and no flipping burgers for a crowd.
- Limited use of pots and pans, so these Cheeseburger Sliders make for easy clean-up.
- These flavor packed sliders are so crave worthy that your family will be asking for them often!
- White onion: I like using a white onion for a slightly sweeter flavor but feel free to use yellow.
- Ground beef: After cooking the ground beef, be sure to drain the excess fat from the pan. This will help prevent the slider buns for getting soggy and it will be overall easier to work with.
- Worcestershire: adds deep flavor with some slight sweetness. I always add Worcestershire to my homemade burgers, too!
- American Cheese: I love using Boar’s Head brand. It’s the perfect cheese for a smooth, velvety, creamy texture.
- Bread rolls: I love using the Kings Hawaiian Savory Buttery Rolls. They have the perfect flavor and texture for these Cheeseburger Sliders. Feel free to use your favorite slider buns!
- Sesame seeds: I like using white sesame seeds to give the sliders a nice finishing touch!
- Sauce: this sauce recipe is SO good. Mayonnaise, ketchup, sweet pickle relish are the main ingredients. And if you’ve ever been to In n Out Burger, it kind of tastes like their sauce! Dunk and dip your sliders in the sauce, you won’t regret it!
Step by Step Directions
- Cook the ground beef and onions. Drain excess fat.
- Cut slider buns/ dinner rolls in half.
- Add a layer of American cheese down.
- Add the beef.
- Add another layer of cheese on top of the beef.
- Place the tops of the rolls on.
- Brush with butter mixture.
- Bake & serve with the burger sauce!
Tips and Variations
- Cater to everyone’s tastes with a variety of toppings for these Cheeseburger sliders: crumbled bacon, tomato slices, thinly sliced red onions, pickle slices or jalapenos.
- Make sure you start with lean ground beef, an 80/20 ratio will keep the meat juicy.
- Substitute Everything Bagel seeds for sesame seeds
- For extra heat in the sauce, add in Sriracha
- If you don’t have mayonnaise, you can substitute Greek Yogurt for the mayonnaise in the sauce.
- Double the recipe! Make 24 rolls instead of 12 if serving a large crowd.
What should I serve cheeseburger sliders with?
Serve these flavorful Cheeseburger Sliders with homemade fries, chips, potato salad, macaroni salad, pasta salad or a dinner salad.
Can I make these ahead of time?
Yes you can make these sliders ahead of time. This is a great way to reduce the stress of getting a weeknight meal on the table. Just assemble them, cover tightly and refrigerate for 1 to 2 days. Remove the sliders from the refrigerator 15 minutes before baking and then follow directions.
Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you can just double the ingredients and then 24 dinner rolls will fit perfectly on the standard half sheet pan.
How should I reheat the sliders?
Place the cooked sliders on a foil lined sheet pan, and place in the oven at 350°F or toaster oven for 8-10 minutes or until they are warmed through.
Can I freeze Cheeseburger Sliders?
Yes you can. Wrap the cooled Cheeseburger Sliders individually and seal in an air tight container so that you can freeze them for up to 2 months.
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
For the ground beef
- 1 Tbsp. softened butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- pepper, to taste
For the burgers
- 1 pack dinner rolls, 12 count (I use King's Hawaiian Savory Butter Rolls)
- 16 slices American cheese (I use Boar's Head)
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- pinch of salt and garlic powder
- 2 tsp. white sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. sweet pickle relish
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. distilled white vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
Last step! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Butter the bottom of a baking sheet with softened butter. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized saute pan over medium high heat. Add the onions. Sauté for ~3 minutes, then add in the ground beef. Cook, breaking up the meat, for another 6-7 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the garlic, Worcestershire, mustard, salt and pepper and stir for another minute.
- Slice the rolls in half. Place the bottom rolls down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Whisk together the melted butter with the salt and garlic powder.
- Place 8 slices of cheese down, followed by the meat on top, and then the remaining cheese on top of beef. Try to pack the ground beef together by just patting it down gently with a wooden spoon. It will feel a little messy, but the cheese will keep everything locked in!
- Cover with top layer of buns. Brush the buns with the melted butter mixture. Add the sesame seeds all over the tops.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until warmed through and the cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl until combined.
- You can brush the rolls with a little more butter once they come out of the oven, if needed. Cut and serve the sliders with the burger sauce and enjoy!
- Double the ingredients to make 24 sliders!