Zucchini and Corn Salad with a delicious honey lime vinaigrette dressing is great for refreshing salad. Gluten free, vegetarian (and vegan options too!)
This salad is super refreshing and the light dressing compliments the flavors so well. If you have zucchini in the fridge and feel like making something NEW and fun with them here is your chance.
How do you make zoodles?
- To make zoodles or “spiralize” them is quite simple. They are made using fresh zucchini and with your tool of choice. I use the Kitchen Aid attachment (~ $100), or you can purchase the “Spiralizer” machine pretty much anywhere these days: Amazon, Williams Sonoma, Walmart, Target, etc.
What is in the dressing for this salad?
I made an easy dressing for this zoodle zucchini salad – it contains honey, red wine vinegar, olive oil, lime juice and zest of 1 lime, chili powder, garlic powder and red pepper chili flakes (chili flakes are optional, simply omit if you are not a fan of spicy things!).
I showed how to make this salad on KMPH FOX 26 and also made it for a cooking class at Whole Foods in Fresno and it was a total hit both times! It pairS nicely with shrimp, chicken or even salmon!
As the weather here in Fresno gets into the 100s, it’s salads like this I LOVE to keep on hand! Pro tips: keep the dressing onside so the integrity of the salads remains! Zoodles hold a lot of water so adding the dressing before you plan on eating it can just cause it to become soggy.
This salad is…
Easy to make
I am always trying to find ways as a Dietitian to make nutrient rich and tasty meals for you all to enjoy. This one is a favorite because you can prep it in advance because the noodles hold up very well. (Keep the dressing on the side until you’re ready to enjoy it!”
So often people think salads have to be boring. I remember when I first met my fiance (he was 22 at the time) and he HATED salads. Never ate them. Until I stepped in…(wink wink)
I slowly started introducing him to new salads and now…at his ripe age of 28…he will be REQUESTING salads for dinner. He’s a whole new salad eating man, I swear!Zucchini and Corn Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette Dressing is a light and satisfying salad! Vegetarian and gluten free, too! #krollskorner Click To Tweet
One of my other favorite salads for lunch that always keeps me satisfied is this Chicken Salad!
I also have been making this broccoli salad for meal prep lunches and I swear it get’s better the longer the flavors soak in!
For a vegetarian salad for Meatless Monday’s I love having this Vegetarian Quinoa Powder Salad! If you like cheese, these salad goes really well with feta too!
Zucchini and Corn Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
For the zoodle salad:
- 1 Zucchini, fresh spiralized
- 1 15 oz. can corn
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 15 oz. can Kidney beans, low-sodium rinsed and drained
- flat leaf parsley garnish
- Optional: feta cheese
For the vinaigrette
- 1/2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. honey (use maple syrup or agave for vegan option)
- red pepper chili flakes (optional)
- Using a spiralizer, spiralize your zucchini using the smallest blade. Toss together with corn in a medium-large sized bowl. Gently mix in tomatoes and kidney beans.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the dressing. Pour over zucchini/corn and toss until evenly coated. Use parsley and feta cheese for garnish.