Can you tell I do not want summer to end?! This salad is super refreshing and you just feel SO healthy eating it. That is what I love about doing my Bar Method workouts in the morning. Getting the workout done in the early AM hours basically forces me to make mindful, healthy choices throughout my day because I do not want to ruin all the hard work I put in in the morning. So…I had some leftover zucchini in the fridge, and I didn’t feel like making my typical zoodles with red sauce or pesto. I opted for making this instead, a recipe inspired from Yummly.com 🙂
I am a little tired this evening so I am making this super short, but I hope you like it! 🙂
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 ear of corn
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- flat leaf parsley
- Optional: feta cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. honey
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Cook corn for 5 minutes, then remove from water. Let cool and cut corn off of the cob.
- Using a spiralizer, spiralize your zucchini using the smallest blade. Toss together with corn in a medium-large sized bowl. Gently mix in tomatoes and kidney beans.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the dressing. Pour over zucchini/corn and toss until evenly coated. Use parsley for garnish.