Creating these Easy Pumpkin Muffins
Fall is upon us which means Fall baking and pumpkin spice fills the air!
These muffins are so pretty & delicious on their own with cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top. No need for a glaze of frosting to finish them off.
BUT I do also love this recipe with a cheesecake cream swirled on top from time to time. (recipe is below).
They are perfectly sweet and fluffy and have a nice boost of protein from the yogurt.
If you’re gluten free or thinking you want a muffin recipe with chocolate in it, you’ll love my flourless pumpkin muffins!
Ingredients needed for Easy Pumpkin Muffins
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Yogurt (If you can find a pumpkin spice yogurt that’s a bonus)
- 100% Pumpkin Puree
- Vegetable oil or coconut oil
How to make Easy Pumpkin Muffins
- Preheat your oven to 325°F and spray a 12 cup muffin pan or cupcake tin with non-stick baking spray.
- In a large bowl combine and mix all of the dry ingredients together: flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.
- In another medium sized bowl whisk together the eggs then whisk in the yogurt, pumpkin puree, milk and oil.
- Add the pumpkin yogurt mixture into the dry ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Scoop batter into the prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle each muffin top with a little bit of the cinnamon sugar mixture and bake for 20 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in the center of them to be sure they are done. Toothpick should come out clean and muffin tops will be fluffy!
Easy Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 8 oz. Yogurt (plain or Pumpkin spice preferred)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can 100% canned pumpkin puree (15 oz)
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners or spray with non stick baking spray.
- In large bowl, combine the all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.
- In another medium sized bowl together the pumpkin, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Then whisk in eggs and yogurt, oil and vanilla extract. Fold liquid ingredients into dry ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Scoop batter into muffin tins (I usually use cupcake tin not the jumbo tin) and top each muffin with a sprinkle of the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Then bake for 18-22 minutes. Use a toothpick inserted in the middle to check to see if the muffins are done. Toothpick will come out clean!
Easy Pumpkin Muffin Recipe with Cream Cheese
Follow the same steps as above, but prior to baking make this frosting to swirl in on top! Beat 8 oz. of softened cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth, add in 2 Tbsp. sugar, 1 egg and 1 tsp. vanilla extract and beat until creamy smooth.
Swirl on top of muffins using a toothpick, and bake!
Hi, I’m Tawnie!
Welcome to my tiny “korner” on the Internet! I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who loves cookies as much as kale. (OK, maybe I like cookies a little bit more but shh, don’t tell anyone). I am so glad you’re here! Follow along for hassle free, realistic and approachable recipes.More about Tawnie