This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This may sound weird…but some mornings within 10 minutes of being awake you can find me in the kitchen baking something already. I get an idea and HAVE to make it before it leaves my brain! I have a baking bug in me!
For those who don’t know…I live in California and it’s September 4th and I’m publishing a PUMPKIN recipe. No, it doesn’t FEEL like Fall in Fresno, California yet. But – YES, you can still find me baking pumpkin goodies from Sept – basically January! #SorryNotSorry 🙂
Growing up, my Grammie often bought Entenmann’s Pound Cake. I remember coming home from school and it was 1 of 3 things: Chocolate Pudding, her homemade bread rolls, or Entenmann’s Pound Cake. In honor of school being back in session and Fall quickly approaching, I had this desire to make Pumpkin Pound Cake!
The collagen is certainly not a Grammie touch, that is something extra I added. I can only imagine my Grammie’s face if I told her I put collagen in my pound cake HAHA!
Update on life:
- I am no longer an Instructor at Cyclebar. One door closes and another opens.
- September is my birthday month! #Virgo
- I went to Dallas at the end of August for Dallas Mania. I became certified in Pilates Mat Work with a few other girls from BEYOND Studios here in Clovis!
- You can find me at BEYOND Studios (Reformer Pilates) 4 days a week and blogging on the other days.
- Next week I am headed to the Tastemakers Conference in SLC and I am SO excited to network with other bloggers around the US.
- Then, later this month I am going to New Orleans (for the 2nd time this year, what?!) with the Tri-Lamb group. To sum it up – this trip is a 3 day lamb + culinary medicine immersion for a small group of health and nutrition professionals. We will learn the latest lamp nutrition and trend data and how lamb fits into a healthy, balanced American diet, get hands on cooking with lamb, meet & learn from a shepherd, and I am sure much much more!
- Between all the busyness – I’ve been trying to spend more time with friends and family. Working on keeping the social life alive! I think at the next family gathering I need to bring these Pumpkin Muffin Bites!
What have all of you been up to? Leave me a comment below and let me know!
Lastly, let’s not forget about this Pound Cake…it’s…
- Only 10 ingredients
- Goes great with coffee
- Is the pound cake of your dreams
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup canned 100% pumpkin
- 1 scoop collagen peptides (or protein powder, option)
- 1 Tbsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice ((All-Spice, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, & nutmeg))
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Last step! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F and spray a 9×5 inch loaf pan with non stick baking spray.
- In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then add to the butter/sugar mixture. Then add the pumpkin & beat just until combined.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean!
- Cool for a few minutes, then remove from loaf pan and enjoy!
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is automatically calculated. It should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Kroll’s Korner can’t make any guarantees to the accuracy of this information.