These Easy Individual Peach Cobblers are just what you need to tackle your sweet tooth. You can make with fresh, frozen or canned peaches so you can enjoy all year long! Serving warm & topping with vanilla bean ice cream is the way to go.
Creating these Individual Peach Cobblers
My grandmother had a farm in Selma, CA and her and her brother grew the most amazing peaches I had ever tasted. Maybe I am biased, but they really were the best I have ever had.
We would sell them at the Farmer’s Markets on Friday nights and although I don’t remember much else, I know for a fact if we still had the farm I’d be using those peaches to make these individual peach cobblers!
Easy Individual Peach Cobbler Ingredients
- Fresh peaches (or canned is OKAY too)
- Lemon Juice
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla ice cream (optional but highly recommend for topping)
How to easily peel peaches
- My mom taught me this trick and it’s the only way I peel peaches now!
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, and gently cut a small “X” at the bottom of your peaches. Place peaches in the boiling water for 45 seconds and then carefully remove the peaches with a slotted spoon directly into an ice water bath. (water with ice in it!)
- Let the peaches cool in the ice water bath for 1-2 minutes and then peel the skin away. SO easy!
- If you don’t want to use this method, use your peeler!
How to make Easy Individual Peach Cobblers
This recipe makes 6 individual peach cobblers in a muffin tin. You can either use a large muffin tin (this is the method I use) or use oven safe ramekins. You can also buy the disposable foil ramekins for super easy cleanup!
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Peel the peaches using the method described above. Once peeled, slice the peaches and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix the peaches with the sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Stir gently and then set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, sugar and baking powder together. Then slowly stir in the milk. The mixture will be thick and a little lumpy, that’s OK!
- Melt butter and place 1 tsp. of butter down in each ramekin or muffin tin. Spoon about 2 Tbsp. over the melted butter. Do not mix!
- Then top with peaches. Use all all 3 peaches that you sliced, the more the merrier! Don’t be shy.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired. The way the the ice cream melts into the cobbler and contrasts with the warm peaches is literally perfection.
Can I use canned peaches?
- Yes, use 2 (15oz.) cans (drained) instead of 3 fresh peaches!
- You can also use frozen peaches, just be sure to thaw them first!
Peach Cobbler for two
This recipe makes peach cobbler for actually 6 people which is perfect if you host a dinner party. If you’d like to make it just for 2 people here are the measurements (follow the same instructions, using two, 7 oz. ramekins)
- 1 Tablespoon butter (1.5 tsp. for each ramekin)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar + 1 Tbsp (1/4 cup for the peaches, and 1 Tbsp. for the batter).
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup peaches (about 1 peach sliced)
Can I make these individual peach cobblers gluten free?
- I personally have never tried, but I believe using a gluten free baking mix and then omitting the baking powder would work wonderfully. If I try this version I will be sure to update the recipe!
Other recipes with peaches & desserts you’ll love:
Easy Individual Peach Cobblers
- Ramekins or large muffin tin
For the peaches:
- 3 large peaches, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. butter
For the batter:
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Peel the peaches (my favorite method described below in notes). Once peeled, slice the peaches and place in a medium sized bowl. Mix the peaches with the sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Stir gently and then set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, sugar and baking powder together. Then slowly stir in the milk. The mixture will be thick and a little lumpy, that's OK!
- Melt butter and place 1 tsp. of butter down in each ramekin or muffin tin. Spoon about 2 Tbsp. of the batter o the melted butter. Do not mix!Then top with peaches. Use all all 3 peaches that you sliced, the more the merrier! Don't be shy. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.