This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you’ve been looking for a refreshing, easy to make Summer salad my peach salad is IT!
I’ve been loving salads so much with the warmer weather and can’t get enough of this one in particular. This peach salad is light, delicate and dressed with a cherry tomato vinaigrette to create salad perfection.
Peach salad is ideal for meal prep, summer BBQs or picnics, quick lunches, or even an appetizer. (These days I am looking for any excuse to eat it because it is so good!).
I love that it’s a simple, yet elevated salad too. It’s made with minimal ingredients but what makes it so special is the vinaigrette dressing. It takes this simple salad and really makes it a memorable salad you’ll want time and time again.
Why this recipe works
- It’s filled with fresh and vibrant ingredients
- It’s low maintenance and easy to make
- Can be made in advance for meal prep
- It’s delicious, filling and healthy!
- Easily customizable
For the ingredient measurements and entire recipe, be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the blog post where the recipe card is located.
- Cherry tomatoes: you’ll need these for the vinaigrette dressing. Cooking the tomatoes on the stove is an extra step to make the vinaigrette but it’s all in all a 10 minutes process and soo worth it!
- Peaches: be sure to snag the best peak of season peaches you can find!
- Quinoa: the quinoa makes this salad more filling and is an easy grain to make. Feel free to swap it out with another grain or pasta.
- Fresh basil: lots and lots of it!
- Red onion: red onions have a nice bite to “spice” up this salad and offers a little crunch.
- Burrata: I love topping the salad with some fresh burrata or mini mozzarella cheese balls.
- Vinaigrette: other ingredients needed for the cherry tomato vinaigrette dressing: white wine vinegar, honey, shallots, garlic, salt and pepper
Step by Step Directions
For the full recipe instructions, scroll down to the bottom of the blog post to the recipe card.
- Make the cherry tomato vinaigrette dressing, set aside to cool.
- Combine all salad ingredients together in a salad bowl.
- Toss with the vinaigrette.
- Chill and then serve with burrata cheese on top.
Expert Tips and Variations
- Add in leafy greens such as arugula, spinach or a spring mix.
- Add in summer yellow corn.
- Toss in beans or chickpeas for another plant-based protein boost.
- Salads are so versatile so you can get creative with what you want in them! Add in cucumber, avocado, chopped broccoli, more fruit such as blueberries or cherries, add feta cheese or goat cheese, toasted pecans or walnuts, etc.
- Use your favorite vinaigrette dressing if you aren’t craving the tomato vinaigrette.
- Chill the salad prior to serving so the flavors can mingle.
- Keep the dressing on the side if you plan to make in advance or for meal prep.
How do you cook quinoa?
For this recipe you’ll need 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa to yield 1 1/2 cups cooked and cooled quinoa. Rinse the quinoa. Then pour the 1/2 cup quinoa and 1 cup water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for ~15 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and let cool before mixing into the salad.
Can I add protein to this peach salad?
Absolutely! I think most proteins would pair really well with it and you can serve this salad with these proteins to make it a complete meal. Chicken, shrimp, salmon, steak, etc.
Does it keep well in the fridge?
Keep the dressing and cheese on the side and it stores well in an air-tight container for up to 3-5 days.
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
Cherry Tomato Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. shallot, minced
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and cooled quinoa*
- 3-4 small peaches, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 heaping cup fresh basil, gently torn or chopped
- burrata or mini mozzarella cheese balls
Last step! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Make the vinaigrette first. Cut half of the cherry tomatoes in half. Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat in a saute pan and add the shallots, cook for about 30 seconds – 1 minute.
- Toss in all of the tomatoes and cook for ~5 minutes, stirring occasionally until you notice the skins begin to blister. You can use the back of a spoon to gently press down on the tomatoes to release some of their juices. Then add in the remaining olive oil, vinegar, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a salad bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, diced peaches, onion and fresh basil. Add the cherry tomato vinaigrette and toss to combine. Chill and then enjoy with fresh burrata or mozzarella cheese balls on top. (You can also keep the vinaigrette dressing on the side and chill everything separately if making for meal prep or making a day in advance).
- Cherry tomato vinaigrette dressing was inspired by Bon Appetit.
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa will yield 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa. Follow package directions for cooking.
- Storage: keep in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3-5 days. I recommend to keep the dressing and cheese on the side until ready to enjoy.
- You can enjoy the salad right away but I usually like to chill it for just a bit before digging in!