Instant Pot soups are the easy, fast, and delicious! This Corn and Potato Chowder won’t disappoint.
Creating this Instant Pot Corn & Potato Chowder
With the seasons changing, it’s getting darker sooner and the nights are getting colder.
This corn and potato chowder will be sure to warm you up and satisfy the whole family.
Plus, it’s great to make around the holidays because if you have any leftover turkey or ham you can add it right into this chowder!
Ingredients you will need to make Instant Pot Corn and Potato Chowder
- Red Potatoes (or Russet, or sweet potatoes)
- Bell pepper
- Vegetable broth
- Great Northern white beans
- Yellow corn
- Whole Milk
- Corn starch
- Salt & Pepper
*Note: I didn’t use heavy cream in this recipe like most chowders call for – but instead used whole milk and it still turned out creamy and tasty.
How to make Instant Pot Corn and Potato Chowder
- Set the Instant Pot to saute. Add in butter and let it begin to melt. Toss in onion, garlic, celery, carrots, mushrooms, and bell peppers. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Next, toss in the potatoes, vegetable broth, beans, corn, fresh sage, rosemary, and salt and pepper. Change the Instant Pot now to manual high pressure. Secure the lid on your Instant Pot and turn the valve to the sealing. Cook for 6 minutes.
- Once timer goes off, carefully release the valve (manual release). I usually use a towel or pot holder during this step.
- Mix the corn starch with 2 Tbsp. water and whisk it in the soup with the milk. Set Instant Pot back to saute mode. Whisk and bring to a boil. Top with cheese, jalapeños, bacon or whatever you’d like! Enjoy!
I still can’t believe how easy using the Instant Pot was though. If you don’t have a pressure cooker – you need one if your life!
Other soup recipes you will love:
- Chicken Shawarma Soup
- Pistachio Pumpkin Soup
- Italian Wedding Soup
- Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Broccoli & Cauliflower Soup
Instant Pot Corn and Potato Chowder
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups red potatoes* diced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped
- 15 white mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper seeded, halved and diced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can great northern white beans (Save liquid)
- 1 can yellow corn (Save liquid)
- 2.5 cups whole milk
- 3 Tbsp. corn starch
- 2 tsp. sage, fresh
- 2 tsp. rosemary, fresh chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set the Instant Pot to saute. Add in butter and let it begin to melt. Toss in onion, garlic, celery, carrots, mushrooms, and bell peppers. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Next toss in the potatoes, vegetable broth, beans, corn, fresh sage, rosemary, and salt and pepper. Change the Instant Pot to the manual setting; adjust pressure to high. Secure the lid on and turn the valve on top to the sealing. Cook this for 6 minutes.
- Once timer goes off, carefully release the valve (manual release). I use a towel or pot holder for safety!
- Mix corn starch with 2 Tbsp. water and whisk it in the soup with the milk to thicken the soup. Set Instant Pot back to saute mode. Whisk and bring to a boil. Top with cheese, jalapeños, bacon or your favorite chowder toppings! Enjoy!
Hi, I’m Tawnie!
Welcome to my tiny “korner” on the Internet! I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who loves cookies as much as kale. (OK, maybe I like cookies a little bit more but shh, don’t tell anyone). I am so glad you’re here! Follow along for hassle free, realistic and approachable recipes.More about Tawnie