A Healthy Crockpot Chicken Noodles Soup is the first soup I crave once Autumn arrives.
Another favorite crockpot recipe for Fall is this Slow Cooker Chicken Chili.
Busy Schedules + Crockpots = perfect match!
Creating this Healthy Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
Mirepoix is the vegetable base of most soups and is the base of a good chicken noodle soup!
Mirepoix is a combination of chopped carrots, celery and onions used to add flavor and aroma to stocks, sauces, soups and other foods.
The proportions (by weight) for making mirepoix are 50% onions, 25% carrots and 25% celery. LOVE IT! Hope you enjoy.
Ingredients needed for Healthy Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Mirepoix: Carrots, celery, onions
Russet Potatoes or Baby red potaotes
Wide egg noodles
Herbs and seasonings: rosemary, thyme, bay leaves, red pepper chili flakes, salt, pepper.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
How to make Healthy Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
In the base of your crockpot add in the whole chicken breast, diced carrots, onion, celery, potatoes and garlic.
Drizzle olive oil over top then add in chicken broth, water, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook on low heat 6 – 8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
Remove cooked chicken and shred using 2 forks. Add in egg noodles, kidney beans, lemon juice and shredded chicken back in.
Cover again and cook 20-30 minutes longer (or until noodles are cooked). Serve warm with garlic bread or a green salad! Enjoy warm.
Do I need to cook the chicken before putting it in the crockpot?
Nope! Let the crockpot do the work for you! Always be sure to check the internal temperature of your chicken to make sure it has reached 165° F.
Are dried herbs OKAY to use?
Fresh herbs are always my first choice for the most in depth flavor but dried thyme and dried rosemary are also fine to use of fresh isn’t available.
More soup recipes to love:
Healthy Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 3 lg. carrots, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 lg. white onion, diced
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water, filtered
- 3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped (3 sprigs)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped (3 sprigs)
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts*
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. red pepper chili flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium Russet potatoes, small diced*
- 12 oz. Wide egg noodles, dry
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1, 15 oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- In the crockpot, add chicken breasts (un-cut), diced carrots, potatoes, onion, celery, and garlic. Drizzle olive oil over top then add in chicken broth, water, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook on low heat 6 – 8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
- Remove cooked chicken and shred using 2 forks. Add in egg noodles, lemon juice, kidney beans and shredded chicken back in. Cover again and cook 20-30 minutes longer (or until noodles are cooked). Serve warm with garlic bread! Enjoy warm.
Hi, I’m Tawnie!
Welcome to my tiny “korner” on the Internet! I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who loves cookies as much as kale. (OK, maybe I like cookies a little bit more but shh, don’t tell anyone). I am so glad you’re here! Follow along for hassle free, realistic and approachable recipes.More about Tawnie