Take the traditional Puppy Chow and Fall it up a bit with this PUMPKIN Puppy Chow!
We all know Pumpkin and Fall go together like Minnie and Mickey. It’s a match made in heaven!
I was brainstorming a new Fall recipe to share with you that wasn’t a typical pumpkin recipe. Pumpkin waffles and pancakes are delicious, don’t get me wrong, I just wanted to change it up a bit which is why this pumpkin puppy chow was created.
After 3 batches of puppy chow, I finally came up with the winning recipe. And by the way, I am not mad it took me 3 rounds since now I have a plethora of puppy chow 😉
My boyfriend is allergic to all nuts and has NEVER tried puppy chow before, which is why this recipe is made with soy nut butter. (I used the WOW butter).
I figured he’s 27 and never tried puppy chow I must make it with soy butter! However, it’s traditionally made with peanut butter, so whatever you choose with this recipe it will still be delicious.Take the traditional Puppy Chow and Fall it up a bit with this PUMPKIN Puppy Chow! krollskorner.com Click To Tweet
Whether you’re going to a party or really just craving chocolate + pumpkin – you’ve gotta try this recipe! Hope you enjoy!
Pumpkin Puppy Chow
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup soy nut butter or peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla exrtact
- 5 cups rice chex
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate. Then mix in the soy butter, pumpkin puree and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour chex in a large bowl. Then pour chocolate mixture over rice chex and mix together. Move this mixture into a large ziplock baggie and pour in powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Close bag and shake it up! Be sure all rice chex is coated well. Enjoy!!