The Best Blackberry Muffins are fluffy, moist and perfect to have during breakfast or an afternoon snack!
Since I have been making a lot of muffins this year for #MuffinMonday, I’ve had my family and friends taste testing all.the.muffins.
I’ve been told that these buttery blackberry muffins bursting with fresh, juicy blackberries are irresistible.
Spring is here and these muffins would be a great addition to any breakfast or brunch table!
For something less sweet, and more savory I’d recommend trying out these egg taco muffins. Another irresistible muffin, trust me!
Let’s get back to the star of the show today, blackberry muffins!
What ingredients do I need to make Blackberry Muffins?
- Vanilla extract and lemon extract
- Lemon Juice
- Baking powder & soda
- Blackberries (obvi)
How do I make Blackberry Muffins?
In a medium sized mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, yogurt, extracts and lemon juice. In another bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
You will take the 8 Tbsp. butter (1 stick) and chop it into smaller pieces. Then you will cut the butter into the flour. (see tips below on how to cut butter into flour)
Using a rubber spatula, fold the wet ingredients into the dry. Gently then fold in the blackberries.
Place in prepared muffin tin and bake at 375° F for ~15-16 minutes.
How do I cut butter into flour?
You can use two knives and actually CUT the butter into the flour until you have little tiny bits of butter.
If you have one, use a pastry blender!
Or, take a frozen stick of butter and use the large holes on a cheese grater. (so easy!)
Can I use frozen blackberries for this recipe?
Yes, you can use either fresh or frozen blackberries.
If you use frozen blackberries, do not thaw the berries first. Add the berries to the batter while they are still frozen and I would increase baking time by ~4-5 minutes.
How do I freeze blackberry muffins?
Allow your muffins to cool completely, then place in a freezer safe baggie and store for up to 30 days.
I hope you love this muffin recipe – drop a comment below to tell me what you think!
The Best Blackberry Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 8 Tbsp. butter (unsalted, cold, cubed)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
- 1 1/2 cup blackberries (if large, cut them in half)
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. In another medium sized mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, yogurt, extracts and lemon juice.
- You will take the 8 Tbsp. butter (1 stick) and chop it into smaller pieces. Then you will cut the butter into the flour. (see tips above in post on how to cut butter into flour)
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the wet ingredients into the dry. Gently then fold in the blackberries.
- Place in prepared muffin tin and bake at for ~15-16 minutes.