Your new favorite way to eat potatoes. Smothered with jalapeño garlic aioli!
I’ve always wanted to make these little guys. I’ve been seeing them on Pinterest and in some magazines so they have been top of mind! I’m so happy I finally set aside some time to create a recipe because they’re such a great addition to a BBQ meal or even as an appetizer! Kickin’ myself in the toosh for not trying smashed potatoes sooner!
What kind of potatoes do you use to make smashed potatoes?
- Yukon Gold
- Red Potatoes
- Baby Carisma
- Potato Medley
How long do they take to cook?
- You need to boil them for 15 minutes first (or until tender with a fork)
- Then an additional 20 minutes in the oven
- 35 minute easy side dish!
What do you smash them with?
- Using a fork works just fine!
How do you make the aioli?
- It’s so simple. And only 5 ingredients! In a food processor you process Jalapeño, garlic, mayo, lime juice, and cilantro until well blended.
[Tweet “Smashed Potatoes with Jalapeño Garlic Aioli! The next potato side dish you make needs to be this one! #healthy #potatoes #sidedish #easy #krollskorner”]
Smashed, NOT MASHED, potatoes, are no new phenomenon…
- I’n not trying to recreate the wheel with this recipe here. Just a different way to enjoy them with this aioli! Other varieties you can make would be garlic parmesan, loaded smashed potatoes, crispy herb smashed, etc.
Looking for other delicious potato recipes?
I have a great weeknight dinner recipe you’ll have to add into your meal prep this week. These Sloppy Joe Baked Potatoes were a family favorite growing up and they are still a go to option till this day!
One of my favorite appetizers to bring to a friends house or party are these Sweet Potato Sliders with Homemade Guacamole. Healthy, simple, delicious, and EASY!
Speaking of sweet potatoes…this Avocado & Ground Turkey Stuffed Sweet Potato is the recipe I make when I don’t know what I want to eat when I am really hungry, but want something healthy, and I know it won’t take long!
Let’s get cookin’…enjoy!
Smashed Potatoes with Jalapeño Garlic Aioli
- 1 package Mini Medley Potatoes about 25 potatoes
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
For the Aioli
- 2 Jalapeños
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a large pot, fill it halfway with water and bring to a boil. Add in potatoes and cook for about 15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Spread 1 Tbsp. of the olive oil on a baking sheet. Then set the potatoes on the baking sheet, about 2-3 inches apart. Smash potatoes down with a fork or a plate! (The fun part!) Then drizzle with the rest of the olive oil and seasonings. Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the aioli! In a food processor - process all ingredients together until smooth. Place in a bowl and set in fridge until potatoes are done. Drizzle on top of dunk potatoes in!
Are you in the mood for other spicy food? Try these other recipes too!