This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cheers to my last and final recipe post of 2015! I have had a butternut squash on my counter that I have been needing to use up and just have not gotten around to it until this evening. Winter squash are low in calories, with just 80 calories in a cup of cooked butternut squash! So these fritters make for a nutrient packed low calories snack or side dish. They are an excellent source of carotenoids and vitamin C, as well as fiber – with 6.6 grams of fiber in one cup of cooked butternut squash – and also a good source of potassium. Foods high in vitamin A may help protect against certain cancers, and vitamin A is essential to maintaining eye health and supports immune function.
[Tweet “These Butternut Squash Couscous Fritter are packed with vitamin A and nutrients! |krollskorner.com|”]
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- 1 butternut squash (cooked + mashed (about 3 pounds))
- 1 1/2 cups cooked couscous
- 2/3 cup AP flour
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 tsp. red pepper chili flakes
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Vegetable oil
Last step! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- In a large bowl, mix the couscous, butternut squash, flour, eggs and spices together.
- Take a small portion in your hands to make round disks.
- Heat about 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil in a non stick pan and swirl the oil all over. Place the patties in a single layer.
- Keep the heat on medium and let it develop a golden color on one side before flipping, then repeat on the other side.
- Sprinkle siggi's plain yogurt and parsley on top and enjoy.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is automatically calculated. It should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Kroll's Korner can’t make any guarantees to the accuracy of this information.