Sheet Pan meals are a fantastic way to make weeknight meal times easy and nutritious! Plus, clean up is a breeze!
This months Recipe Redux theme is…
September 2017 – Theme
Sheet Pan Meals
We love throwing ingredients together on a sheet pan and roasting for a simple sheet pan dinner. They make busy weeknights a bit more manageable. (And clean-up isn’t bad either!) Show us your healthy take on a sheet pan meal.
Confession: Before making this recipe, I have never made a sheet pan meal before. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?! This was so easy, tasty, healthy and took no time to clean up. (Ok, well maybe 6 minutes). It’s an all around winning situation especially for those busy weeknights that fly by.
💚SHEET PAN PESTO SALMON💚 for #TheRecipeRedux 🙌🏼💯🎉 I had fun making this recipe and video for you guys! Sheet pan dinners are going to be my new thing – love them & can't wait to see everyone else's ideas for this months theme! 😊 Head over to the blog for the full recipe! 👍🏼 #linkinprofile •• https://krollskorner.com/recipes/sheet-pan-pesto-salmon/ •• #krollskorner #salmon #sheetpandinner
Sheet pan meals are nothing new, but certainly new to me. Do you like making sheet pan meals? I’ve seen many recipes with chicken and veggies but would love to explore more options! The trick is choosing foods to go on the pan that approximately all need about the same cooking time. This is why I chose the salmon with asparagus and roasted cherry tomatoes. I knew they would all be about 15-20 minutes in the oven. If I chose to make salmon and potatoes, I feel the the salmon would be cooked but the potatoes would still need more time in the oven! Perhaps dicing the potatoes small would work!
I have made a recipe video to show you just how easy this is to make! Hope you enjoy and make a sheet pan meal for yourself sometime soon!
- 2 salmon fillets, ~6 oz. each
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1.5 cup cherry tomatoes, diced in half
- Pesto - store bought or homemade
- Extra virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray sheet pan with PAM and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix halved tomatoes with ~1 Tbsp olive oil and salt and pepper. Place on sheet pan.
- Place salmon in the middle of sheet pan and spread pesto on top. ~2 Tbsp. pesto for each filet.
- Place asparagus on other side of salmon, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook in oven for 15-20 minutes, depending on thickness of salmon. Enjoy as is or with a side of pasta!
- 1/2 large avocado or 1 small avocado
- 4 Tbsp. avocado oil or EVOO
- 2 bunches of fresh basil
- 1/3 cup fresh Parmesan, shredded
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Did you make this recipe? Tag @krolls_korner on Instagram or send me a pic, I’d love to see!
Looking for easy and healthy recipes? Head over to my Pinterest page to get inspired!