Mom’s One Pan Taco Skillet is one of the easiest weeknight meals and a dinner everyone is sure to love!
One Pan Taco Skillet was one of my mom’s go to dinner recipes when we were growing up in the house. Now, it’s turned into a staple here in my house!
Reasons why it’s such a keeper recipe:
- Easy to make
- Everyone always loves it
- You can have most ingredients already stocked and in your pantry
- It’s a balanced meal along with a salad or grilled veggie
- It’s satisfying
Different beans (besides the kidney beans) you can add to this meal:
- Black beans
- Pinto Beans
- Black Eyed Pea
- Navy beans
I love this meal not only because it is quick but it is budget friendly as well. Cutting the flour tortilla strips up into the meal is recommended, but if you’d like to control the amount of tortilla you are consuming, skip this step and eat the tortilla on the side! 🙂
[Tweet “One Pan Taco Skillet is an easy weeknight meal you need to incorporate into your weeknight dinner routine! #easy Krollskorner.com”]
Mom's One Pan Taco Skillet
Such an easy and tasty weeknight dinner recipe. Makes great leftovers for lunch the next day too!
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups southwest salsa hot - or salsa of choice
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 5-10 Tortillas
- 1 15oz. can low sodium kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 10 3/4 oz. can low sodium tomato soup
- 1 1 oz (28g) packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese for garnish
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground turkey with olive oil, diced onion and garlic until the meat is no longer pink. Drain out any liquid leftover in the pan.
Add in the taco seasoning, salsa, tomato soup, and kidney beans. Mix together and bring to a boil, then let it simmer down for about 5-10 minutes.
Right before serving mix in tortilla strips and top with cheese. Enjoy! 🙂
For a spicy kick, add in jalapeños or Sriracha!
*Can sub black beans for kidney beans.