Ground Beef and Noodles (Asian Style)
Asian | Published Aug 29, 2021 | Updated Aug 29, 2021 | By Tawnie
This ground beef and noodles recipe is family loved recipe that is an easy 30 minute weeknight meal.
If you haven’t noticed, we’re kind of big fans of take out recipes around here! It’s comfort food, but quick and easy! If you love homemade take out style recipes, be sure to check out this healthy orange chicken, Mongolian beef, cashew chicken stir fry and beef and broccoli.
These 15 minute – 30 minute weeknight wonders are great recipes to have on hand and can be enjoyed with a variety of options: egg noodles, ramen noodles, white rice, rice noodles or a big side of your favorite veggies.
Table of contents
You’ll love this recipe because:
- It’s a great back pocket dinner recipe.
- You probably have most ingredients already in your fridge or pantry!
- It’s a unique way to use ground beef & packed with flavor.
- It’s filling and makes great leftovers.
- It’s adaptable: use ground chicken, ground pork or ground turkey if you prefer. Use your favorite ramen noodles or rice. Make it how you prefer! Live.Your.Truth.
- Easy, healthy and yummy. This meal delivers all the things and it totally slurp-worthy!
This meal comes together in a flash and requires minimal chopping (just a little onion!)
- Ground Beef: we use an 80% lean, 20% fat ground beef. Feel free to swap with a different protein if you prefer!
- Noodles: feel free to use your favorite ramen, egg noodles, rice noodles, instant noodles with packets discarded, etc.
- Mirin: mirin is a Japanese sweet cooking wine. If you’d like to substitute it with something else, I recommend using a Chinese cooking wine or dry sherry.
- Fresh ginger and garlic: Using fresh ingredients where you can will really add to the overall dish. Use garlic powder in place of fresh garlic, if necessary.
Step by Step Directions
- Mix the sauce together in a small bowl or mason jar. Whisk to combine.
- Heat sesame oil and vegetable oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Then add the garlic and stir.
- Add in the ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Add the sauce, followed by the green onions. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat while you cook the noodles. Taste and season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Serve with noodles of choice. (We went with egg noodles)
Tips and Variations
- Instead of ground beef, use your favorite ground meat.
- As mentioned above, use any instant noodle, rice or egg noodle or rice you prefer. This meal has options!
- Serve with roasted broccoli or your favorite veggies.
- Mix the sauce in advance so when you’re ready to make the meal, it can come together in a 15 minutes or less.
- Mix the beef and the noodles together in the same pan to get the noodles nice and saucey!
- Make this for meal prep to enjoy throughout the week.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? If you try this recipe, why not leave a star rating in the recipe card right below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page? I always appreciate your feedback! You can also follow me on Pinterest or Instagram. Sign up for my email list, too!
Ground Beef and Noodles (Asian Style)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 large white onion, diced small
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced (about 2 cloves)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- noodles of choice (ramen noodles, rice noodles, egg noodles, etc.)
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. mirin
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp. hoisin
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha (optional)
- finely sliced green onions, toasted sesame seeds, red pepper flakes
- Mix the ingredients together for the sauce in a small bowl or mason jar.
- Heat sesame oil and vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add the onion and garlic and cook; stirring, until fragrant, ~5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon until meat is no longer pink.
- Add the sauce and green onions and bring to a simmer. Taste and season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with noodles of choice. (We went with egg noodles). Garnish with more green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
- Other noodles to enjoy with include: ramen noodles or rice noodles.
- Feel free to swap ground beef with ground turkey or ground chicken.
- We love this meal with roasted broccoli on the side.
Hi, I’m Tawnie!
Welcome to my tiny “korner” on the Internet! I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who loves cookies as much as kale. (OK, maybe I like cookies a little bit more but shh, don’t tell anyone). I am so glad you’re here! Follow along for hassle free, realistic and approachable recipes.More about Tawnie
Awesome! I had all the ingredients on hand and ended up tossing it over zoodles for a healthy alternative!
Love that idea! Thank you 🙂
This was so delicious and absolutely a hit here. One of our favorite comfort foods and a great dinner recipe! Excited to make this again!
Who needs takeout? The flavors in this are incredible – it was an easy dish and we all devoured it! Will make again!
My family love this kind of food. Perfect weeknight dinner.
Hi Beth! I’m so glad. Thank you!
I just love easy dinner ideas like this! Especially since back to school just started back up for us. 🙂
Yay! Thank you. Hope this helps make dinner time a little less stressful! xo, Tawnie
Oh my gosh, this is delicious! It tasted just like we were out to eat without the hassle and expense!
Aw, I am so glad! Thanks so much!!