Don’t order out tonight, because you can easily make these Thai Peanut Noodles with Shrimp right at home!
I have been a busy woman these days. (What else is new?!) From conferences to work trips and all things in between, I’ve barely had time to stop and smell the roses! September flew by — I was in Utah, New Orleans, I turned 27, and painted the kitchen cabinets WHITE! yayyyy!
With the kitchen under construction for two weeks it was literally impossible to cook anything. The FIRST thing I made back in the kitchen were my gluten-free Pumpkin Muffins, and the second was this easy Thai peanut sauce noodles recipe!
I received a wonderful package from the National Peanut Board and threw up a poll on Instagram stories seeing what recipes y’all wanted to see me make with all things peanuts, and Thai peanut noodles took the lead!
You really do drive my content — I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for you — so bless your heart for wanting some Thai Peanut Sauce in your lyyyyfeee!
I am going to be honest with you, I don’t eat Thai food often. Or dine out at Thai restaurants very often. But, I feel as if these peanut sauce noodles are top chef worthy. Like, I was literally salivating waiting for them to be done it smelled so good. I mean, the Thai peanut sauce alone I could stick a straw into and slurp it up!
Thai peanut noodles ingredients
For the peanut sauce noodles, you’ll need:
- Yakisoba stir-fry noodles
- Cooked shrimp
- Frozen peas
- Bell pepper
- Unsalted peanuts
- Avocado oil
- Salt and pepper
And for the homemade peanut sauce, you’ll need:
- Creamy peanut butter
- Low-sodium soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Lime juice
- Sesame oil
- Chili garlic paste
- Red pepper flakes
How to make Thai peanut sauce
I like to get all of my ingredients out on the counter, measure them out and mix! No need to separate into smaller bowls like shown in the photo above, just use 1 mixing bowl. This sauce recipe makes 1 cup of Thai Peanut Sauce!
How to make Thai peanut noodles
To make these Thai peanut noodles, prep the veggies as instructed, then sauté in a little avocado oil. Add the shrimp and noodles to the wok and cook until the shrimp is pink all over. Stir in the frozen peas and some of the Thai peanut sauce, and continue cooking until it’s heated through.
I like to garnish my Thai peanut noodles with chopped peanuts, but they’re totally optional!
What else to do with Thai peanut sauce
Don’t limit your consumption of homemade Thai peanut sauce to just these Thai peanut noodles! This peanut sauce recipe is good with pretty much any stir-fry recipe and goes very well with any noodle dish.
A few of my favorite ways to use Thai peanut sauce are:
- In a cold noodle salad with sliced chicken breast and chopped cilantro on top.
- Slathered onto chicken salad wraps (or any wrap really!).
- Swap out the Asian sauce in my Asian butter leaf lettuce recipe for this Thai Peanut Sauce.
- Use it as a dip for kebabs or spring rolls.
Is Thai Peanut Sauce Gluten-Free?
If you make sure your soy sauce is gluten-free, then yes!
Do I have to use shrimp?
Of course not! You can also use diced chicken, or you can omit the meat altogether.
Tips for making Thai peanut noodles
To make your life a little easier, I recommend buying shrimp that already has the tail and shell removed. That way you can add the shrimp straight to the pan without any extra prep work.
You’ll want to use natural peanut butter for the peanut sauce, as the sugar in peanut butter from brands like Peter Pan can mess with the flavor of the sauce.
Feel free to add other veggies to these peanut sauce noodles. This is a very forgiving recipe, so you can likely use whatever is hanging out in your produce drawer.
More easy pasta recipes:
- Kung Pao Pasta
- Easy Shell Pasta with Ground Turkey
- Roasted Tomato and Bell Pepper Pasta
- 30-Minute Vegetarian Ramen
- Beef Veggie Stir-Fry
Thai Peanut Sauce Noodles with Shrimp
- 1 package Yakisoba Stir Fry Noodles (17.76 oz.)
- 1 cup frozen cooked shrimp, tail off, shell off, size: 91/110
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/3 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Thai Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter, creamy
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar (seasoned)
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. Sriracha
- 2 tsp. chili garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper chili flakes
- First make the Thai Peanut Sauce. Gather all ingredients and whisk together in a medium sized bowl. This recipe makes 1 cup Thai Peanut Sauce. Set aside.
- Then, in a wok or large frying pan heat avocado oil over medium high heat. Once hot, add in carrots & bell pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. I like to add in a little Thai peanut sauce in here with the veggies too!
- Then add in shrimp and noodles, and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Once shrimp is cooked, add in 1/2 cup sauce and peas! Start with 1/2 cup of sauce, and continue to add more sauce until the noodles are coated with as much sauce as you'd like.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts and enjoy!
Be sure to tag @krolls_korner on Instagram if you make this recipe!