Asian Style Butter Lettuce Wraps (or tacos). Nuff’ said!
In general, butter lettuce wraps make for great a appetizer or even make it into a dinner – like with these Asian Style Butter Lettuce Wraps. These make for such an EASY dinner or prep ahead to have for a healthful, flavorful lunch. I also like to take the butter lettuce and tear it up just with my hands and build an Asian style salad or “burrito bowl” with all of the same toppings!
You can serve these lettuce wraps already all made or line it up taco bar style and have everyone build their own! Have some fun with it! I had my sis-in-law over the other night and made these and she said, “OK – I will for SURE be making these again!” *Winning*
These are also so great for keeping your portions in check and if you are watching your carbohydrate intake. Fill up on the veggies (says the Dietitian).
The colors are so vibrant and just scream Summer time. The weather was so great in Fresno today so a light dinner was needed to round out the day!
[Tweet “Asian Style Butter Lettuce Wraps are a great low carb weeknight dinner and full of flavor! Less than an hour to make too! Krollskorner.com”]
First, I start off by cleaning the butter lettuce wraps and getting all of the dirt off. Then I layer the white rice and the ground turkey. Then you have your base and you can use all of the toppings you prefer to finish it off! Easy-peasy and you only need a little sauce – a little goes a long way!
Hope you enjoy – and don’t forget to tag @krolls_korner on Instagram so I can see all of your creations!
Asian Style Butter Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 head butter lead lettuce ~12-14 leaves
- 1 cup white rice cooked according to package
- 2 green onions diced
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 1/2 cup cabbage chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1-2 Roma tomatoes diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha
- 3 Tbsp. Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp. Sesame oil
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. Hoisin sauce
- In a frying pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the ground turkey and fresh garlic. Season with salt and pepper. While ground turkey is cooking, make sure you have started cooking your white rice (1 cup white rice to 2 cups water).
- Next, mix all of the ingredients for the sauce together in a small bowl. Once the ground turkey is finished, pour 1/2 of the sauce mixture onto the meat and stir. Set the remaining sauce aside.
- Clean each butter lettuce leaf, and pat dry with paper towel. At this point, rice should be ready and you can begin to assemble the tacos.
- On each butter lettuce leaf first layer the rice, then the meat. Layer the remaining toppings to your liking. (Cabbage, tomato, green onion, and jalapeno). Feel free to also garnish with remaining sauce, it's SO good!