This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Sheet Pan Nachos, oh-em-gee I am in LOVE.
When dinner (err, or a snack) is loaded with layers of gooey cheese, beans, corn, shredded chicken, and thick, crunchy corn chips you know it’s going to be great!
This fast and fun Sheet Pan Nacho recipe is the answer to a casual weeknight dinner and they are also the perfect party appetizer for a crowd.
Just layer the ingredients on your sheet pan, pop them into the oven to bake until the cheesy is ooey-gooey and melted. Then simply add your favorite toppings! I love diced tomatoes, slices of pickled jalapeños, fresh guacamole or avocado, shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, sour cream and more even more cheese. Best of all, this budget friendly meal is easily customized to fit your families cravings!
There are a lot of kitchen tools that I love having at my fingertips, but I think that there is one kitchen tool that is underrated, underestimated, and underused. It’s that flat piece of metal called a sheet pan and it’s an easy way to get dinner on the table. It keeps everyone close since we are serving right from the sheet pan, and then it makes clean up quicker than ever. It’s time to bow down to our sheet pans for making life in the kitchen easier!
These crunchy, bite-sized nachos are layered with the most delightfully flavorful ingredients and after testing them several times I was so excited to post this recipe. I hope you love them!
Reasons Why You Will Love My Sheet Pan Nachos
- Sheet Pan Nachos are a quick and easy weeknight meal or game day appetizer.
- Get a casual dinner on the table in 30 minutes or less.
- Super easy clean up!
- You will love the versatility of this recipe!
- Tortilla chips: go for the thick corn tortilla chips. The thin ones are too flimsy and get soggy.
- Rotisserie chicken: I love the convenience of using a store bought rotisserie chicken. But, you can use any leftover shredded chicken you have or any other protein you love on nachos!
- Taco seasoning: I just use 1 Tbsp. of a packet taco seasoning to give some flavor to the chicken!
- Cheese: Monterey jack, cheddar, Colby jack, or a combination of any of these!
- Pinto and black beans: Pinto beans have a creamy, nutty taste and the black beans have a creamy, more mild flavor. I love using both!
- Diced red onion: The crisp, sweetness of the fresh, red onion makes a great fresh ingredient to top off the nachos after baking.
- Jalapeño: Fresh jalapeños or pickled jalapeños are a must for nachos.
- Guacamole: the soft buttery texture and mildly sweet flavor of guacamole is the perfect topper for Sheet Pan Nachos.
- Green onions: I like using both the green and white portions of the onion.
- Any other toppings you like: black olives, tomatoes, salsa, pico de gallo, hot sauce, more cheese, etc.
Step by Step Directions:
- Toss the chicken in the seasonings.
- Layer these ingredients on your sheet pan: chips, chicken, cheese, beans.
- Repeat the layers once more.
- Finish with a little more cheese on top so it melts over the nachos.
- Bake at 350°F. for 10 minutes.
- Add your favorite toppings and dig in!
Tips and Variations
- Try to keep the chips in one layer and don’t overcrowd when baking them to get the perfect crunchiness!
- Don’t use packaged pre-shredded cheese. Many of these products have anti-caking powder on them that prevents the cheese from melting to it’s gooiest potential.
- The versatility of the Sheet Pan Nachos allows you to substitute shredded chicken for pulled pork or ground beef, etc.
- Use a variety of cheese to get that gooey, perfectly melted cheese with Monterrey Jack, crumbly Cotija or queso fresco.
What can I do to keep the chips from getting soggy?
Don’t over crowd your chips when baking off the tortilla chips.
What is the secret to great sheet pan nachos?
Always start with thick corn tortilla chips. The thicker the better so they won’t break with you load them up. Next, slather the chips with all of your toppings . No one wants a naked chip!
How do you know when the nachos are done?
Just when the cheese is bubbly and perfectly melted and everything is warmed through!
What size sheet pan should I use?
This recipe fits perfectly on a standard sheet pan which measures 13 wide x 18 inches long. This is considered a half sheet pan.
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- 1, 12 oz. bag corn tortilla chips (try to look for thick chips as opposed to thin chips)
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded (~3-4 cups shredded is plenty)
- 1 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 16 oz. cheese (Monterey jack, cheddar, Colby), or more as needed!
- 1, 15.5 oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1, 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Topping ideas: sour cream, guacamole, avocado, pickled jalapenos, green onions, tomatoes, salsa, red onion, olives, shredded lettuce, cilantro, limes, pico de gallo, hot sauce.
Last step! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a sheet pan with a light coating of non stick spray.
- Shred the rotisserie chicken. Add to a bowl and toss with the taco seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Start to build and layer the nachos on the sheet pan: add a layer of half the bag of chips, half of the chicken, half of the beans, and half of the cheese.
- Repeat these layers one more time with the remaining ingredients with the cheese as the final layer on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until everything is warmed through and the cheese is nice and melty.
- Add all of your favorite toppings and dig in immediately!
- Feel free to use cooked ground beef instead of chicken!
- These are best served right away. Once they sit out for a while, they can get soggy.
- To reheat nachos, I would remove the cold toppings and place either in the toaster oven or under the broiler in the oven. An air fryer is even a great option, too!