Ritz Cracker Christmas Cookies
Chocolate | Published Dec 12, 2019 | Updated May 13, 2020 | By Tawnie
Table of contents
If you are a fan of chocolate and almond butter these fool-proof, super Ritz Cracker cookies are perfect for you!
They are one of my favorite treats to bring around during the holiday season and everyone always loves them. They are the perfect combination of chocolate and almond butter.
These sweet and salty treats require no baking sheets or stand mixers.
It helps if you have a double boiler to melt the white chocolate, but if not, you can melt the chocolate chips or candy melts in the microwave in a microwavable safe bowl. I use a Pyrex and cover with a paper plate so the chocolate doesn’t splatter. I heat my chocolate for 2 minutes andI stir every 30 seconds.
What if I don’t have almond butter?
I love making these cookies using almond butter but if you do not have any on hand any nut butter works well.
I’ve used creamy peanut butter and soy nut butter as well since Cam is allergic to nuts. Cashew butter or even a sunflower butter would be delicious too!.
What kind of white chocolate should I use?
My favorite to use: Ghirardelli White Chocolate Baking Chips or their white chocolate candy melts. If your chocolate isn’t melting properly, add in a little coconut oil and it should smooth out.
Ritz Crackers do have gluten, so unfortunately if you are gluten free these crackers aren’t ones you should pick up at the store. However, they are many circular shaped crackers close to Ritz flavor that you could use instead! Browse your grocery store to find the best ones for you.
Are these cookies dairy free?
Not if you use the Ghirardelli White Chocolate. However, Enjoy Life Foods and Nestle both have allergy friendly chocolate on the market that you can use to make these dairy free friendly!
How do you store these cookies?
If you make them right before the party you can make them, place in fridge and then take them over when you are ready. Or, if you want to snack on them throughout the holiday season keep them in your freezer and pull one out when you want a treat!
Leave me a comment below to tell me all of your 2019 recipe needs/requests!
Now on to these cookies…you’ll love how fast and easy they are to make!
More Christmas Cookies you’ll love
Holiday White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
Chewy Pistachio Cranberry Cookies
Ritz Cracker Christmas Cookies
- 70 Ritz Crackers (2 sleeves)
- 12 oz White Chocolate Baking Chips
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/4 cup Red and green sprinkles
- Lay out 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers on wax paper and spread ~2tsp. almond butter on each cracker. Carefully place another cracker on top to create a sandwich. (2 crackers per cookie)
- Use a double boiler to melt the chocolate or melt chocolate in the microwave.
- Microwave method: Place the coconut oil and white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted. Heat for 1 minute, then stir and then heat for another minute and stir again. Should be melted now.
- Double boiler method: the steam in the pot melts the chocolate gently. Fill a pot with 1-2 inches of water over medium heat and bring to a boil. Then place a glass bowl with the chocolate and coconut oil directly on top of the pot and stir until chocolate starts to melt. Make sure you have a glass bowl that fits over and covers the entire opening of the pot so the steam doesn't escape. Will take a couple minutes for the chocolate to get smooth and creamy!
- Once chocolate is melted and smooth, dunk each cookie into the white chocolate so it's coated completely and set back on the wax paper. Finish off the cookies with sprinkles and repeat with remaining cookies. Place in freezer for 15 minutes so chocolate hardens, then enjoy!
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge or freezer to have a sweet treat for later!
Did you make these cookies? Let me know what you think and I always love when you tag @krolls_korner on social media!
PIN THESE RITZ CRACKER ALMOND BUTTER CHRISTMAS COOKIES FOR LATER!
My friend Lorie over at Lemons and Zest also has a delicious cookie recipe similar to this one! Go check her blog out too!
Hi, I’m Tawnie!
Welcome to my tiny “korner” on the Internet! I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who loves cookies as much as kale. (OK, maybe I like cookies a little bit more but shh, don’t tell anyone). I am so glad you’re here! Follow along for hassle free, realistic and approachable recipes.More about Tawnie
I love how anyway can make this recipe- well done!
So festive and so easy!
Soooo easy! Thank you!
These look so fun. I love baking with crackers – the texture is so nice.
Thank you so much Lisa!
How cute are these?! Love the simple recipe!
Thank you so much Whit! Have a great weekend! 🙂
OMG I don’t remember the last time I had a Ritz cookie, but now I want one!!
haha you will love these then! 🙂 xo
Why are these SOOOO good? I love how easy they are to make, too!!
Thank you so much Emily, I am glad you loved them!
Mmmm this recipe literally makes my mouth water! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you Sarah!
The sweet and salty combo has me drooling!
Theeee best!! Thank you!
These look amazing! I think that I will make these with the kids this Christmas.
I hope them love em!! 🙂 Thank you!
These look amazing! I love how festive they are and hooray for their versatility too! <3!
Thank you so much Farrah!