This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Pomegranate Nice Cream is the refreshing treat you didn’t know you needed.
If you know me, you know I am a big fan of ice cream!
Cold Stone, Talenti, Frozen Yogurt…any type of creamy frozen dessert that resembles ice cream… I’m in!
This “nice cream” is a trend relatively new to me but certainly not new to the vegan world.
The base of nice cream is frozen bananas, and then you can mix in anything to create the flavor profile you want.
For this nice cream, I opted for POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice because first and foremost it is powered by antioxidants.
Plus, I know a lot of people are fighting a cold/flu (including myself!) this time of year so the boost of antioxidants is necessary.
Fun fact: Did you know the pomegranate is whole-pressed?! Meaning a unique blend of polyphenol antioxidants from 2 whole pomegranates – including its fruit, pith and rind – is found in each 8oz. bottle!!
This dessert is also rich in potassium. Many of you know bananas are a great source of potassium, containing about ~400mg per medium sized banana.
Pomegranate Juice is also a wonderful source of potassium – each 8oz. bottle contains just as much as that medium banana!
Here’s the simple lineup of ingredients:
- 100% Pomegranate Juice
- Frozen Bananas
- Milk of choice (coconut milk, almond milk, cow’s milk if not vegan)
How to make Pomegranate Nice Cream
It’s SUPER easy. Blend all of the ingredients together in a powerful blender until smooth.
Turn over into a loaf pan or bread pan and freeze until solid.
Enjoy as is or with some fresh fruit on top!
Have you made nice cream before? What kind of mix-ins did you add?!
Prep this dessert now so you can enjoy for a sweet healthy treat throughout the week!
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- 8 oz. POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
- 8-10 medium bananas (chop then freeze)
- 2-3 Tbsp. coconut milk (or milk of choice)
Last step! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Peel and chop bananas. Freeze in a freezer friendly baggie.
- Once frozen, place bananas in a powerful blender. Pour in 8 oz. 100% Pomegranate Juice and milk of choice. Blend until thick and creamy.
- Pour banana/pomegranate mixture into a standard loaf pan (like a banana bread pan). Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to enjoy, remove from freezer and let it sit for ~10 minutes before scooping.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is automatically calculated. It should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Kroll’s Korner can’t make any guarantees to the accuracy of this information.