It’s Muffin Monday once again here on Kroll’s Korner!
Carrot Cake has always been one of my favorite cakes so I basically made it into muffin form for you! Creamy butter and coconut sugar create a perfectly moist, tender texture for these Mini Carrot Cake Muffins.
Each carrot cake muffin is filled with warm cinnamon spices, freshly grated carrot, raisins and then baked to perfection.
The ingredients are kept fairly simple for this recipe. However, here are some modifications you can make:
- Coconut sugar is trendy and certainly has a health food-halo right now. If you don’t have it – that’s OK! Sub for brown sugar or raw brown (turbinado) sugar.
- Sub the melted coconut oil for canola or vegetable oil.
- You can sub the raisins for dried cranberries or golden raisins. Or just leave them out completely if you don’t prefer them!
- Don’t want to use shredded carrots? Try adding in shredded zucchini or even sweet potato!
These Mini Carrot Cake Muffins with Orange Glaze are:
- Perfect for breakfast, brunch, snack…dessert…errr…whenever!
- Are simple and taste just like moist carrot cake
- Incredibly moist
Confession: I am not trying to claim the prize for healthiest muffin award with this recipe. There is both white sugar and coconut sugar and coconut oil for flavor and texture. This keeps the muffins moist and fluffy, instead of dense and well…flavorless!
Wanting more muffin ideas? Another mini idea are these Mini Banana Oatmeal Cups – so fun to fill with yogurt and fresh fruit!
Or if you are looking for more savory my breakfast egg and cheese muffins are a fan favorite!
Mini Carrot Cake Muffins
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cup carrots, grated (~3-4 large carrots)
For the glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1 tsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F. Spray a mini bundt tin with non stick cooking spray. In a large bowl mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt. In a separate medium bowl whisk the eggs, sugars, orange juice, oil and vanilla extract together.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry and then fold in the raisins and shredded carrots. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into each mini bundt tin and bake for 9-11 minutes.
- While muffins bake, make the glaze by mixing all ingredients together in a small bowl. Once muffins are cooled drizzle the glaze on top! Enjoy!
Hi, I’m Tawnie!
Welcome to my tiny “korner” on the Internet! I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who loves cookies as much as kale. (OK, maybe I like cookies a little bit more but shh, don’t tell anyone). I am so glad you’re here! Follow along for hassle free, realistic and approachable recipes.More about Tawnie