Skinny Blood Orange Margaritas are made with simple ingredients, packs in the flavor and they are so delicious!
At our traditional family vacation destination, there is a local tequila bar we frequent each year. This bar has every tequila imaginable, and of course the BEST margs. (Not as good as this blood orange margarita though, wink wink)
Since that family trip is only one week out of the year, I have to get my margarita fix some other way…which is through these blood orange margaritas.
You don’t even need margarita mix for these bad boys. They are simply made with fresh blood oranges, naval oranges, lime juice, triple sec and your tequila of choice.
What you’ll need:
- Fresh Navel or Cara Cara oranges
- Fresh Blood oranges
- Fresh lime juice
- Triple Sec
- Organic Agave Nectar
How to made a blood orange margarita:
- Using a lime wedge, moisten the rim of your margarita glass and then dredge the glass rim in kosher salt. (Or Tajin is amazing too!)
- In a cocktail shaker, add 1 shot of tequila, 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed blood orange juice, 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice, 1 tsp. fresh lime juice, agave nectar and 1 Tbsp. triple sec.
- Pro tip: I love using Cara Cara oranges instead of Navel oranges when they are in season!
- Strain over your salt rimmed margarita glass filled with ice and garnish with a slice of blood orange.
Some of my favorite recipes to enjoy with these margaritas are:
Skinny Blood Orange MargaritaPrint Recipe Pin Recipe Rate
- 2 Tbsp. fresh blood orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 2 squeezes of fresh lime
- 1 Tbsp. triple sec
- 1 Tbsp organic agave nectar
- 1-2 shots of Jose Cuervo or tequila of choice
- Splash of sparkling water optional
- Kosher salt for rim
- 3-5 ice cubes
- Prep low ball glass or martini glass. Take a slice of lime and run it gently around the rim of the glass. Flip over glass into a plate of kosher salt until rim is covered. Set aside.
- Squeeze and combine all juices and place in a shaker.
- Add in triple sec, tequila, agave nectar, ice, and sparkling water.
- Add in ice cubes and shake well.
- Poor in prepared glass and garnish with a lime.