Air Fryer Cauliflower with Tahini Honey Mustard
Dairy-Free | Published Dec 18, 2022 | Updated Dec 17, 2022 | By Tawnie
This Air fryer Cauliflower is super crispy, quick to make and made with the most delicious tahini honey mustard sauce. Garnish with pomegranate arils, California prunes and fresh parsley for a festive feel. It’s the perfect side dish or snack and fun way to enjoy cauliflower!
This post has been sponsored by The California Prune Board. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Kroll’s Korner running!
I am finally hopping on the air fryer bandwagon and this Air fryer cauliflower has been on repeat in my kitchen!
The obsession with the air fryer is now clearly understood. It makes everything so crispy, everything cooks fast and you of course don’t need as much oil as the traditional frying method.
Table of contents
An air fryer is convenient because of its size, it’s so compact! Sometimes I don’t want to turn on the oven for just a little side dish of cauliflower.
This cauliflower is yummy when served as a side dish and festive for the holiday season with the red from the pomegranate and green from the parsley. But the best part of all is the hint of sweetness that complements the savory flavors from the California Prunes.
Why you’ll love this air fryer cauliflower:
- It takes 20 minutes to bring it together!
- It’s nutritious and satisfying
- Made with just a few, wholesome ingredients.
- The tahini honey mustard sauce is versatile and could be enjoyed with chicken or another protein you serve the cauliflower with.
- Cauliflower is such a humble veggie but gets dressed up in this recipe!
- Cauliflower: I recommend using 1 large head or 2 smaller heads of cauliflower.
- Olive oil: helps to caramelize the cauliflower
- Seasonings: I’m using salt, pepper and a little paprika but feel free to use whatever seasonings you love. Garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper chili flakes, chili powder, etc.
- Tahini: Tahini is essentially a sesame seed paste, commonly seen used when making hummus. But it’s great for dressings and sauces, like this tahini honey mustard!
- California Prunes: California Prunes are the perfect fruit since they enhance both sweet and savory flavors.
- Pomegranate arils: time saving tip: buy the arils already in the package so you can skip the fuss of breaking into the entire pomegranate!
STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS
- Chop the cauliflower
- Toss with oil and seasonings.
- Air fry until golden
- Whisk together the sauce.
- Drizzle the sauce over cauliflower and garnish!
TIPS AND VARIATIONS
- Add feta or parmesan cheese on top as an additional garnish
- Try not to overcrowd the air fryer basket, keep the cauliflower in a single layer.
- Preheating isn’t necessary. Unless the recipe says to do so, just go ahead and start!
- Shake the basket about half way through to ensure everything is cooking evenly.
- Use foil for easy clean up.
If you keep the sauce on the side, you can place back in the air fryer at 350°F and heat until warm, or in the oven or microwave.
Up to 3 days in the fridge.
No problem! Bake at 400°F on a rimmed baking sheet or until crispy.
First, use a knife to remove the outer layers of leaves. Chop the cauliflower into quarters and remove the core. From there, you can just chop the florets into small chunks!
I actually have and love this air fryer toaster oven but also have heard great things about this Ninja air fryer.
shop this post
HUNGRY FOR MORE? If you try this recipe, why not leave a star rating in the recipe card right below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page? I always appreciate your feedback! You can also follow me on Pinterest or Instagram. Sign up for my email list, too!
Air Fryer Cauliflower with Tahini Honey Mustard
- 1 large head cauliflower, or 2 small
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- pinch of paprika
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 8 California prunes, pitted and diced
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and place into a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika and toss to combine.
- Air fry at 375°F for 13-15 minutes, stirring/tossing occasionally.
- Meanwhile whisk together ingredients for the sauce: the tahini, Dijon, honey and lemon juice. Add more lemon juice as desired to get a consistency you like.
- Drizzle the sauce over the top of the cauliflower and garnish with prunes, pomegranate, parsley. Add more sauce if preferred or keep on the side for dipping.
- Season to taste with more salt and pepper and enjoy!
- Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Hi, I’m Tawnie!
Welcome to my tiny “korner” on the Internet! I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who loves cookies as much as kale. (OK, maybe I like cookies a little bit more but shh, don’t tell anyone). I am so glad you’re here! Follow along for hassle free, realistic and approachable recipes.More about Tawnie