It’s time to meet your new favorite sandwich: THEE Tabbouleh Hummus Avocado Sandwich – fresh herbs & healthy fats from the hummus and avocado make for a DELICIOUS, satisfying, plant based sandwich!
Disclosure: I received free samples of Sabra mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Sabra and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Kroll’s Korner up & running!
This sandwich is, in a word, extraordinary. When you take just one bite, you’ll know exactly what I mean!
When I eat Sabra hummus, I typically like to enjoy it as a snack with crackers or veggies. Sabra Hummus comes in so many great flavors too so it makes snack time fun! But, snacking isn’t the only way you can enjoy this delicious, plant-based dip. Have you ever used it to make a sandwich?!
- Caramelized Onion Hummus
- Jalapeno Hummus
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Sun Dried Tomato Hummus
- Roasted Pine Nut Hummus
Just 2 Tablespoons of Sabra Classic Hummus provides:
- 70 calories
- 130mg sodium
- 4g carbohydrates
- 1g fiber
- 2g protein
I mixed 2 Tbsp. into the prepared tabbouleh and then an additional tablespoon to spread on each side of bread before I layered remaining ingredients on top. The more the merrier!
The sandwich itself is quite easy to make. The tabbouleh is the “hardest” part but it can be made in advance to speed the process up. Plus, letting the tabbouleh sit in the fridge adds more FLAVOR! You will mix the prepared tabbouleh with 2 Tbsp. Classic Sabra Hummus and set aside. Layer ingredients (listed below in recipe) on one side of bread and have an open faced sandwich. OR spread more hummus on another slice of bread and enjoy as a classic sandwich. On the bread I layered the hummus, stone ground mustard, provolone cheese, thinly sliced cucumber, avocado, then the tabbouleh hummus mixture.
Warning: this sandwich does get messy and you may want to grab a fork & napkin!
[Tweet “#AD – Tabbouleh Hummus Avocado Sandwich – plant based, delicious, and flavorful! #sabra #krollskorner #sandwich #thereciperedux”]
If you are looking to venture outside of a basic veggie sandwich, this Tabbouleh Hummus Avocado Sandwich will do the trick!
I hope you enjoy! Its:
Easy to make
& Plant Based!
Tabbouleh Hummus Avocado Sandwich
For the tabbouleh:
- 2 cups parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup bulgar
- 1 cup chicken broth low-sodium
- 1/4 cup mint, fresh, chopped
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 large cucumber, sliced thinly
- 3 green onions, mined
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
For EACH sandwich:
- 2 slices Wheat bread
- 2 slices Provolone cheese
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- 1/3 cup Tabbouleh
- 4 Tbsp. Sabra Classic Hummus
- 2 Tbsp. Stone ground mustard
- 4 slices cucumber
To prepare tabbouleh:
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a small sauce pan. Pour uncooked bulgar into a medium sized bowl. Once chicken broth comes to a boil - pour over bulgar and let this sit for 30-60minutes. While bulgar is soaking, chop all herbs and veggies for tabbouleh. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, and once bulgar is done, mix it in to the parsley mixture. Adjust olive oil, salt and pepper to your liking.
To build the sandwich:
- Toast the bread. While bread is in the toast, mix 1/3 cup of tabbouleh with 2 Tbsp. Classic Sabra Hummus in a small bowl. On each side of bread, spread an additional tablespoon of hummus so all of the fixing can stick!
- Then, add mustard, cucumber, cheese, avocado and tabbouleh hummus. Carefully place the other side of bread on top of tabbouleh hummus and enjoy!
- You can make this as an open faced sandwich or as a classic sandwich!
What are some of your favorite ways to enjoy Sabra Hummus? Let me know in the comments below!
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!
Hi, I’m Tawnie!
Welcome to my tiny “korner” on the Internet! I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who loves cookies as much as kale. (OK, maybe I like cookies a little bit more but shh, don’t tell anyone). I am so glad you’re here! Follow along for hassle free, realistic and approachable recipes.More about Tawnie