This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Ground Turkey Stroganoff is the epitome of comfort, doncha agree?!
There are many variations of this dish and my version is very modern and simplified. It is a family favorite and super simple to make!
This dinner is made with lean ground turkey and cooked in a creamy sauce in the slow cooker or crockpot for ease.
It’s one of those comfort foods that is so simple to make and has a relatively short ingredient list filled with pantry staple ingredients like Dijon mustard, Worcestershire and cream of mushroom soup!
And if you like this recipe you need to also check out all of my favorite quick ground turkey recipes too!
Easy, full of flavor and minimal ingredients for a weeknight meal? Count me in! Plus, this ground turkey stroganoff makes enough for everyone to come back for seconds!
Ground Turkey Stroganoff Ingredients
- Ground Turkey: I chose ground turkey for a lighter option to this typical heavy meal. You can also use ground beef if you prefer.
- White Mushrooms: Fresh white mushrooms work best. You could also use a combination of mushrooms such as white , baby bellas and cremini.
- Cream of Mushroom Soup: Adds to the creamy, savory and comforting taste of this family dinnertime staple. You can also use cream of chicken soup in a pinch.
- Beef Broth: You can use vegetable broth or chicken broth if you are out of beef broth.
- Sour Cream: This gets added in at the very end for an extra creamy sauce. It’s optional, but we always add it in! No sour cream? You can use heavy cream or Greek yogurt instead.
- Noodles: We love this ground turkey stroganoff served with tender egg noodles but you can really serve it with any noodle you like, or even rice!
How to Make Slow Cooker Stroganoff
- Sauté the mushrooms and onion over medium high heat with olive oil for ~5-7 minutes or until the mushrooms are meltingly tender. Place in slow cooker or crock pot.
- In the same pan, brown the ground turkey until no longer pink. Place in crock pot.
- To the slow cooker add the beef broth, cream of mushroom soup, Dijon mustard, seasonings and Worcestershire. Stir.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or low 3-4 hours.
- Stir in sour cream before serving. Serve with egg noodles and garnish with parsley.
Tips for Making Ground Turkey Stroganoff
- Sauté the mushrooms, onions and garlic together. Don’t be shy on the mushrooms, add more if you prefer!
- If you don’t have onions, shallots lend great flavor to stroganoff as well. They are more delicate in flavor.
- Stir in the sour cream at the end, right before serving. No sour cream? You can use Greek yogurt! Place some sour cream on the table too for anyone who wants an extra dollop.
- Serve ground turkey stroganoff with with any pasta shape you prefer, or even rice. Garnish with your desired toppings as well.
Can you Freeze Ground Turkey Stroganoff?
Yes – it is okay to freeze ground turkey stroganoff in an air tight container or baggie for up for 3 months.
How do I make this on the stove?
Follow the same instructions, but instead of pouring everything into your slow cooker, pour and mix it all into a large pot or stockpot. Heat until warm, being sure to stir occasionally.
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- 2 lb. ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 large white onion, diced
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 (10.5oz.) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 12 oz. egg noodles, cooked
- salt and pepper
- pinch sweet paprika (optional)
Last step! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Sauté the mushrooms and onion over medium high heat in a large sauté pan with ~1-2 Tbsp. olive oil for about 4 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add in the garlic, reduce heat if needed. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are meltingly tender, ~2-3 minutes more. Pour in slow cooker or crock pot.
- In the same pan, brown the ground turkey. Season meat with salt and pepper and cook until fully cooked. Drain any liquid if needed. Pour meat into the crock pot.
- To the slow cooker add the beef broth, cream of mushroom soup, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire, Italian seasoning and a pinch of sweet paprika and stir.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or low 3-4 hours. Stir in sour cream before serving. Serve with egg noodles and garnish with parsley. YUM!