Pulse pastas are all the rage right now, and I totally get why! Explore Cuisine has an amazing Organic Green Lentil pasta that I made this dish with. I could not believe this when I read the nutrition facts label…the pasta has 13g of protein per serving! It is a great gluten free option, low in saturated fat and packed with nutrients. And it honestly has the same regular pasta texture! It pairs perfectly with this homemade Alfredo sauce that I made (but let’s be real what doesn’t taste yummy with Alfredo sauce) – all in all it is a great vegetarian friendly pasta!
- 1 box Organic Green Lentil Pasta
- 1.5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup fat free milk
- 1 package frozen butternut squash
- 1 cup chopped kale fresh
- 1/2 white onion finely diced
- 4 Tbsp. Kerrygold butter
- 2 Tbsp. crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan + more for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. fresh sage
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to boil, and cook pasta according to box instructions.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan and saute chopped onion, rosemary, sage and garlic. Cook until onions soften.
- Add in the butternut squash, vegetable broth, nutmeg, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir, cover and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat - or until butternut squash is softened. Then add in milk, heavy cream, Parm, and kale. Stir and then add in pasta. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Hi, I’m Tawnie!
Welcome to my tiny “korner” on the Internet! I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who loves cookies as much as kale. (OK, maybe I like cookies a little bit more but shh, don’t tell anyone). I am so glad you’re here! Follow along for hassle free, realistic and approachable recipes.More about Tawnie