Pulse pastas are all the rage right now, and I totally get why! Explore Cuisine has an amazing Organic Green Lentil pasta that I made this dish with. I could not believe this when I read the nutrition facts label…the pasta has 13g of protein per serving! It is a great gluten free option, low in saturated fat and packed with nutrients. And it honestly has the same regular pasta texture! It pairs perfectly with this homemade Alfredo sauce that I made (but let’s be real what doesn’t taste yummy with Alfredo sauce) – all in all it is a great vegetarian friendly pasta!
- 1 box Organic Green Lentil Pasta
- 1.5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup fat free milk
- 1 package frozen butternut squash
- 1 cup chopped kale fresh
- 1/2 white onion finely diced
- 4 Tbsp. Kerrygold butter
- 2 Tbsp. crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan + more for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. fresh sage
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to boil, and cook pasta according to box instructions.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan and saute chopped onion, rosemary, sage and garlic. Cook until onions soften.
- Add in the butternut squash, vegetable broth, nutmeg, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir, cover and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat - or until butternut squash is softened. Then add in milk, heavy cream, Parm, and kale. Stir and then add in pasta. Serve warm. Enjoy!