Zucchini Parmesan Waffles are a delicious way to celebrate National Waffle Day today!
I always love finding ways to sneak in extra veggies, and these waffles do just that! I do not have kids yet, but if do you this if such a fun recipe to try out with them. My mom always says I am going to be such a great mom since I am learning how to sneak in all these veggies now..so let’s hope I live up to that! haha:) Speaking of kids, August is Kids Eat Right month, so that’s one more reason to make these Zucchini waffles!
In honor of National Waffle Day, I whipped these bad boys up and they did not disappoint. Sometimes people choose to back away from waffles because of their high carbohydrate, fat and sugar content – but these waffles provide you with more vitamins and nutrients compared to your ordinary waffle.
What are some fun ways you sneak veggies into your diet?!
Hope you enjoy! PS: this recipe is inspired from Yahoo Food and I made a few tweaks of my own!
[Tweet “Zucchini Parmesan Waffles are a delicious way to celebrate National Waffle Day today! krollskorner.com”]
Zucchini Parmesan Waffles
- 2 small zucchini grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup All-purpose flour or white whole wheat
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup sugar granulated or coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- Grate zucchini with cheese grater using the small holes. Using a cheese cloth or a towel, squeeze out excess water in zucchini. Very important to get as much water removed as you can!
- Preheat the waffle iron to medium.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, flaxseed, nutmeg, Parmesan and salt.
- Mix the contents of the small bowl into the large bowl and then add the zucchini and mix until everything is well combined.
- Coat the waffle iron with nonstick spray.
- Place enough batter on the waffle iron to fill the area. Close the lid and cook until lightly browned.
- Serve topped with Parmesan, butter and maple syrup!
Did you make this recipe? Tag @krolls_korner on Instagram or send me a pic, I’d love to see!
- Looking for easy and healthy recipes? Head over to my Pinterest page to get inspired!
- You can also find me on Twitter and Facebook – follow along for nutrition info and more recipes.
PIN this recipe for later!
Hi, I’m Tawnie!
Welcome to my tiny “korner” on the Internet! I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who loves cookies as much as kale. (OK, maybe I like cookies a little bit more but shh, don’t tell anyone). I am so glad you’re here! Follow along for hassle free, realistic and approachable recipes.More about Tawnie