Happy Recipe Redux Day! This months theme is…
Break Out of Breakfast Boredom
Cooks aren’t always pressed for time in the mornings – they just need new ideas. Think mug cakes, smoothie bowls, breakfast cookies and more. Show us the healthy way you wake up your breakfast – or wake up just for breakfast!
Whether you are having a busy morning or just feel like a new way to eat your burritos…this recipe is a winner! I enjoyed it the other night as a “breakfast for dinner” type meal and it hit the spot. I like these burritos because if you don’t add in the tomatoes, you can freeze them for up to 5 days and have an easy, healthy breakfast ready to go for the week! What a perfect vegetarian option as well. I used a whole wheat tortilla and ‘fried’ them in extra virgin olive oil until they reached a golden brown color. (YUM!!) I made a pit stop over at the new Sprouts grocery store in Clovis to purchase all of the fresh produce used in the burritos – mushrooms, baby spinach, avocado, tomatoes, basil, red bell pepper, and jalapeños. Top with parsley and shredded cheddar and you’re set!
Veggie-Filled Crunch Wrap Burritos
- 4 large Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 8 oz. white button mushroom thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups baby spinach chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1-2 avocado
- 3-4 Tbsp. EVOO
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Hot sauce optional
- Make sure all vegetables are sliced and prepped. Heat 1 Tbsp. of olive oil with garlic and sauté the mushrooms until softened = about 5-7 minutes. Set aside in small bowl.
- Spray a medium sized skillet with pam. Beat 6 eggs in a bowl (add a drop or 2 of milk in your eggs while you whisk for a fluffier egg). Over medium heat, cook the red onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and then add in the basil and eggs. Cook until eggs are done and remove from heat.
- Then heat remaining olive oil in a medium-large sized skillet. While oil is heating, fill and wrap your burritos. I layered mine like this: cheese, spinach, mushrooms, eggs and then tightly wrap your tortilla into a burrito. (I wanted my tomatoes and avocado on the side). In the hot olive oil, cook the burrito on each side until they reach a golden brown color. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Top with additional cheese and parsley if desired.
[Tweet “Happy #TheRecipeRedux Day! Try my Veggie-Filled Breakfast Crunch Wrap Burrito | Krollskorner.com”]
[inlinkz_linkup id=601847 mode=1]
Hi, I’m Tawnie!
Welcome to my tiny “korner” on the Internet! I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who loves cookies as much as kale. (OK, maybe I like cookies a little bit more but shh, don’t tell anyone). I am so glad you’re here! Follow along for hassle free, realistic and approachable recipes.More about Tawnie