This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Happy Recipe Redux Day! This months theme is…
Break Out of Breakfast Boredom
Cooks aren’t always pressed for time in the mornings – they just need new ideas. Think mug cakes, smoothie bowls, breakfast cookies and more. Show us the healthy way you wake up your breakfast – or wake up just for breakfast!
Whether you are having a busy morning or just feel like a new way to eat your burritos…this recipe is a winner! I enjoyed it the other night as a “breakfast for dinner” type meal and it hit the spot. I like these burritos because if you don’t add in the tomatoes, you can freeze them for up to 5 days and have an easy, healthy breakfast ready to go for the week! What a perfect vegetarian option as well. I used a whole wheat tortilla and ‘fried’ them in extra virgin olive oil until they reached a golden brown color. (YUM!!) I made a pit stop over at the new Sprouts grocery store in Clovis to purchase all of the fresh produce used in the burritos – mushrooms, baby spinach, avocado, tomatoes, basil, red bell pepper, and jalapeños. Top with parsley and shredded cheddar and you’re set!
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- 4 large Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- 8 oz. white button mushroom (thinly sliced)
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups baby spinach (chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 1/2 red onion (diced)
- 1-2 avocado
- 3-4 Tbsp. EVOO
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Hot sauce (optional)
Last step! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Make sure all vegetables are sliced and prepped. Heat 1 Tbsp. of olive oil with garlic and sauté the mushrooms until softened = about 5-7 minutes. Set aside in small bowl.
- Spray a medium sized skillet with pam. Beat 6 eggs in a bowl (add a drop or 2 of milk in your eggs while you whisk for a fluffier egg). Over medium heat, cook the red onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and then add in the basil and eggs. Cook until eggs are done and remove from heat.
- Then heat remaining olive oil in a medium-large sized skillet. While oil is heating, fill and wrap your burritos. I layered mine like this: cheese, spinach, mushrooms, eggs and then tightly wrap your tortilla into a burrito. (I wanted my tomatoes and avocado on the side). In the hot olive oil, cook the burrito on each side until they reach a golden brown color. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Top with additional cheese and parsley if desired.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is automatically calculated. It should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Kroll's Korner can’t make any guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
[Tweet “Happy #TheRecipeRedux Day! Try my Veggie-Filled Breakfast Crunch Wrap Burrito | Krollskorner.com”]
[inlinkz_linkup id=601847 mode=1]