This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
For some reason I have had a little more free time during my final weeks as a Fresno State Dietetic Intern. (No complaints about that though!). With my “free time” I have been doing a little extra cooking and baking. Today after my morning workout at the Bar Method Fresno I came home and whipped up these delicious portion sized bell pepper nachos. What better appetizer to make with Cinco de Mayo quickly approaching. I honestly have never been a fan of those nachos with that goopy cheese… and the ones at restaurants are always loaded with a bunch of stuff that makes them soggy and unappetizing. I wanted to put a healthy twist on nachos by using bell peppers and using fresh ingredients 🙂
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- 1 medium avocado
- 3/4 cup hot salsa
- 1 fresh jalapeno
- 1 can yellow corn
- 1 can low-sodium black beans
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- cilantro for garish
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bag mini bell peppers
- 1/2-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt (optional for topping)
Last step! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- In a medium bowl mix corn, black beans, salsa, tomatoes, jalapeno and avocado. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the bell peppers in half and remove the seeds. Arrange bell pepper halves on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Fill each half with the black bean/corn mixture. Top with cheddar cheese. Place peppers in the oven - broil for 1-3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt and cilantro! Enjoy!
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is automatically calculated. It should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Kroll's Korner can’t make any guarantees to the accuracy of this information.