This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Super Bowl 50 is right around the corner! This day is notorious for being a day full of eating, drinking, and sitting…not the healthiest combination! It is the 2nd biggest day of the year of food consumption in the U.S. (Thanksgiving is first, shocker). According to some statistics taken from Super Bowl 2015…5,000lbs of hot dogs will be sold during the game, 49.2 million cases of beer will be sold, 1.23 billion chicken wings will be eaten, and 8 million pounds of guacamole with 14,500 tons of chips will be consumed. Talk about a touchdown in the food arena!
I wanted to slim down and spice things up this Super Bowl with making these delicious jalapeno poppers using jalapenos from 1st Quality Produce. I love their jalapenos because they already come with the seeds and membranes removed and they are the PERFECT size for poppers. I like to cut mine in half lengthwise but you can also leave them whole and stuff the entire pepper. Nutritionally jalapenos are great because they are low in calories, high in Vitamin C and A, and also contains a compound called Capsaicin which has anti-inflammatory effects and may even be promising in promoting weight loss! Woo! I knew I liked spicy foods for a reason 🙂
You can purchase your jalapenos and other Super Bowl items on the 1st Quality Produce website along with a plethora of other fresh and local produce!
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- 12 jalapenos (seeded and membranes removed)
- 1 package of low-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup low sodium Panko breadcrumbs
- 6 strips of turkey bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 cup low-fat shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- salt and pepper TT
Last step! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet and add in Panko breadcrumbs. Stir until breadcrumbs turn slightly golden, being careful not to burn them. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, Mexican blend cheese, and spices. (I used my hands!)
- Stuff each jalapeno half with 1-2 Tbsp. of the cheese mixture and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until cheese becomes gooey!
- Top with breadcrumbs and turkey bacon and enjoy immediately!
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is automatically calculated. It should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Kroll's Korner can’t make any guarantees to the accuracy of this information.