I personally think it is “OK” to treat yourself with some dessert once in a while. It creates a healthy mind set instead of continually depriving yourself from some type of food you actually really want to enjoy. Which is why when I made these cookies! I made them in small portions so I would not feel as “bad” for having a cookie – and then I put the rest of the cookies in the freezer to enjoy another time!
[Tweet “Peppermint Cookies for the win this holiday season! Simply incredible! ~~~ Krollskorner.com “]
- 3/4 stick Kerrygold butter softened
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 5- ounce package dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Squares broken into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- With a handheld mixer, or Kitchen Aid, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition. Stir in dried cranberries and peppermint bark pieces.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.