Dare I say it…but these Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies are the only holiday cookie you need this year!
Table of contents
BUT when these cranberry white chocolate chip cookies are dipped in white chocolate and studded with dried cranberries and melty white chocolate goodness you can’t resist.
My favorite things about these cookies:
- Thick, ultra soft centers
- No chill time necessary
- Festive for the holiday season
- Slightly underbaked centers
- Perfect amount of sweetness and color from the dried cranberries
- Spin off of my other cookie recipes! So if you have those down, this will be a breeze
Believe me, these cookies disappear FAST.
This recipe yields ~6, 5 oz. cookies which are fairly large! You can double the recipe or make smaller cookies, and cook for ~1 minute less.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- All-Purpose Flour & Cake Flour: if you’ve made any of my cookies recipes before you’ll know I love using a combination of these flours. I’ve found it creates the perfect cookie!
- Corn starch: cornstarch is key to giving cookies that delectably soft center that’s just to die for. It also helps to keep the cookies thick and GIANT!
- Egg plus an extra yolk: Another way to promise a super chewy chocolate chip cookie is to use an extra egg yolk! The extra egg yolk adds richness, soft tenderness, and binds the dough.
- Dried Cranberries: I use Craisins usually!
- White Chocolate Chips: Ghirardelli makes some delicious white chocolate chips I love using!
How to make Cranberry White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, cake flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Place the cold, cubed butter into the bowl of a stand mixer and secure the paddle attachment. Turn the mixer on low. Cream the butter and sugars together.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients.
- Add in the dried cranberries and white chocolate chips until incorporated.
- Measure out 6 large cookies.
- Place all 6 cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet (or baking sheet) and gently press cookies down just a little.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes.
Tips to make Cranberry White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- Be sure to use light-colored baking sheets and not dark colored cookie sheets. Dark = absorb more heat = possible burnt cookies.
- To make homemade cake flour that works just as well, you’ll need 14 Tbsp. All-Purpose flour and 2 Tbsp. corn starch. Mix together and sift twice to get it fully aerated. This will make ~1 cup of cake flour and you only need ¾ cup for this recipe.
- You can also choose to use 100% All-Purpose flour (2 cups total), but the cookies will be more dense. If you have access to cake flour, I would definitely recommend using the combination.
- You can make these cookies gluten free by replacing both the All-Purpose flour and cake flour with Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour.
- Make sure to cream the butter and sugar well. The fluffier your butter and sugar mixture is, the fluffier and softer your cookie will be.
- No need to chill the dough! These cookies won’t flatten out if you bake them right away and the flavor will be just as great.
- You can refrigerate the dough and bake at a later time.
- Be sure not to over bake the cookies! You want to make sure that they stay ooey gooey and soft in the center. The cookies will keep cooking a little bit once you pull them out of the oven. It’s best to bake them for only 10-12 minutes.
PS If you try this recipe, why not leave a star rating in the recipe card right below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page? I always appreciate your feedback! You can also follow me on Pinterest or Instagram. Sign up for my email list, too!
Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Cake flour
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cold, unsalted, cubed (8 Tbsp.)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups white chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl: All-Purpose flour, cake flour, corn starch, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients and then add in 1 cup white chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
- Shape dough into 6 large cookies (~5 oz. each). Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 15 minutes and then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments until fully melted and smooth. Dip each cookie half way into the melted chocolate.
- Place on parchment paper. Repeat with remaining cookies. Allow the chocolate to set so it cools and hardens. Enjoy!
- Cookies are freezer friendly and store well for up to 3 months.
- Feel free to make cookies smaller. Adjust baking time as needed.
- Use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour for a gluten-free cookie.
Hi, I’m Tawnie!
Welcome to my tiny “korner” on the Internet! I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who loves cookies as much as kale. (OK, maybe I like cookies a little bit more but shh, don’t tell anyone). I am so glad you’re here! Follow along for hassle free, realistic and approachable recipes.More about Tawnie