You either are a fan of kale or you are not. Kale seemed to be pretty trendy in 2015…some people are saying seaweed will be the new kale for 2016 but I still am a fan of kale! This leafy green as you may know is high in vitamins A, C, and K, as well as a good source of fiber. Year after year foods certainly trend…but it is important to remember that all leafy greens are great so even though a certain green might be popular one year from the next. It is still good to consume a variety – such as spinach or collard greens. It is not like if kale is popular you eat more kale and less spinach – a balance of both is always recommended 🙂 I usually like to massage the kale and toss it in some olive oil or a dressing since the leaves are tough – it tastes better and the texture is more appealing.
[Tweet “Try out this chopped kale salad for your #WellnessWednesday! “]
- 1 bunch kale roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp. EVOO
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can hominy rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup shredded taco cheese
- 1/4 cup white onion diced
- Ranch and BBQ sauce for dressing as needed
- Salt and pepper TT
- Place kale in large bowl and toss with EVOO. Let soak for about 10 minutes so leaves become tender. Then toss in the black beans, hominy, onion and cheese. Drizzle BBQ + Ranch on top. Season with S+P if needed. Enjoy!