Sheet Pan Nachos
American | Published Jan 20, 2023 | Updated Jan 20, 2023 | By Tawnie
Sheet Pan Nachos, oh-em-gee I am in LOVE.
When dinner (err, or a snack) is loaded with layers of gooey cheese, beans, corn, shredded chicken, and thick, crunchy corn chips you know it’s going to be great!
This fast and fun Sheet Pan Nacho recipe is the answer to a casual weeknight dinner and they are also the perfect party appetizer for a crowd.
Some of my other favorite appetizers are these 7 Layer Dip Cups, Italian Pinwheel Sandwiches, and my healthier Buffalo Chicken Dip.
Table of contents
Just layer the ingredients on your sheet pan, pop them into the oven to bake until the cheesy is ooey-gooey and melted. Then simply add your favorite toppings! I love diced tomatoes, slices of pickled jalapeños, fresh guacamole or avocado, shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, sour cream and more even more cheese. Best of all, this budget friendly meal is easily customized to fit your families cravings!
There are a lot of kitchen tools that I love having at my fingertips, but I think that there is one kitchen tool that is underrated, underestimated, and underused. It’s that flat piece of metal called a sheet pan and it’s an easy way to get dinner on the table. It keeps everyone close since we are serving right from the sheet pan, and then it makes clean up quicker than ever. It’s time to bow down to our sheet pans for making life in the kitchen easier!
These crunchy, bite-sized nachos are layered with the most delightfully flavorful ingredients and after testing them several times I was so excited to post this recipe. I hope you love them!
Reasons Why You Will Love My Sheet Pan Nachos
- Sheet Pan Nachos are a quick and easy weeknight meal or game day appetizer.
- Get a casual dinner on the table in 30 minutes or less.
- Super easy clean up!
- You will love the versatility of this recipe!
- Tortilla chips: go for the thick corn tortilla chips. The thin ones are too flimsy and get soggy.
- Rotisserie chicken: I love the convenience of using a store bought rotisserie chicken. But, you can use any leftover shredded chicken you have or any other protein you love on nachos!
- Taco seasoning: I just use 1 Tbsp. of a packet taco seasoning to give some flavor to the chicken!
- Cheese: Monterey jack, cheddar, Colby jack, or a combination of any of these!
- Pinto and black beans: Pinto beans have a creamy, nutty taste and the black beans have a creamy, more mild flavor. I love using both!
- Diced red onion: The crisp, sweetness of the fresh, red onion makes a great fresh ingredient to top off the nachos after baking.
- Jalapeño: Fresh jalapeños or pickled jalapeños are a must for nachos.
- Guacamole: the soft buttery texture and mildly sweet flavor of guacamole is the perfect topper for Sheet Pan Nachos.
- Green onions: I like using both the green and white portions of the onion.
- Any other toppings you like: black olives, tomatoes, salsa, pico de gallo, hot sauce, more cheese, etc.
Step by Step Directions:
- Toss the chicken in the seasonings.
- Layer these ingredients on your sheet pan: chips, chicken, cheese, beans.
- Repeat the layers once more.
- Finish with a little more cheese on top so it melts over the nachos.
- Bake at 350°F. for 10 minutes.
- Add your favorite toppings and dig in!
Tips and Variations
- Try to keep the chips in one layer and don’t overcrowd when baking them to get the perfect crunchiness!
- Don’t use packaged pre-shredded cheese. Many of these products have anti-caking powder on them that prevents the cheese from melting to it’s gooiest potential.
- The versatility of the Sheet Pan Nachos allows you to substitute shredded chicken for pulled pork or ground beef, etc.
- Use a variety of cheese to get that gooey, perfectly melted cheese with Monterrey Jack, crumbly Cotija or queso fresco.
Don’t over crowd your chips when baking off the tortilla chips.
Always start with thick corn tortilla chips. The thicker the better so they won’t break with you load them up. Next, slather the chips with all of your toppings . No one wants a naked chip!
Just when the cheese is bubbly and perfectly melted and everything is warmed through!
This recipe fits perfectly on a standard sheet pan which measures 13 wide x 18 inches long. This is considered a half sheet pan.
shop this post
HUNGRY FOR MORE? If you try this recipe, why not leave a star rating in the recipe card right below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page? I always appreciate your feedback! You can also follow me on Pinterest or Instagram. Sign up for my email list, too!
Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos
- 1, 12 oz. bag corn tortilla chips (try to look for thick chips as opposed to thin chips)
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded (~3-4 cups shredded is plenty)
- 1 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 16 oz. cheese (Monterey jack, cheddar, Colby), or more as needed!
- 1, 15.5 oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1, 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Topping ideas: sour cream, guacamole, avocado, pickled jalapenos, green onions, tomatoes, salsa, red onion, olives, shredded lettuce, cilantro, limes, pico de gallo, hot sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a sheet pan with a light coating of non stick spray.
- Shred the rotisserie chicken. Add to a bowl and toss with the taco seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Start to build and layer the nachos on the sheet pan: add a layer of half the bag of chips, half of the chicken, half of the beans, and half of the cheese.
- Repeat these layers one more time with the remaining ingredients with the cheese as the final layer on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until everything is warmed through and the cheese is nice and melty.
- Add all of your favorite toppings and dig in immediately!
- Feel free to use cooked ground beef instead of chicken!
- These are best served right away. Once they sit out for a while, they can get soggy.
- To reheat nachos, I would remove the cold toppings and place either in the toaster oven or under the broiler in the oven. An air fryer is even a great option, too!
Hi, I’m Tawnie!
Welcome to my tiny “korner” on the Internet! I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who loves cookies as much as kale. (OK, maybe I like cookies a little bit more but shh, don’t tell anyone). I am so glad you’re here! Follow along for hassle free, realistic and approachable recipes.More about Tawnie
Saving this for March Madness snacks! Great recipe, we love guacamole!
These nachos are super delicious and I love all this awesome guacamole on top. Great recipe 🙂
Thank you so much! Wholly Guacamole is the perfect way to complete these nachos 🙂 Enjoy!
Now, these are loaded nachos! I can see this as being dinner too! Love that you made your own chips.
Very loaded 🙂 Thank you!!
Seriously doing this tomorrow. Thank you for giving me an idea as I am sick and have no idea what to tell my husband to make for dinner.
Omg Mary – feel better!! Let me know what you think and thank you!!!
Can’t beat a good pan of nachos! Love wholly guacamole, the best!
Thank you Lisa! Wholly Guacamole is life changing! Everyone loved it!!
I want to put this in the middle of the table for dinner tonight! Looks SO good, and I don’t need to wait for another game day. 🙂
Thank you!! I hope you have time to make it soon! xo