My roommate said it best the other day…”I am always back and fourth with kale, sometimes I like it and sometimes I don’t…but those kale chips are SO good!” I will be upfront with you though. They are not like a regular potato chip. Surprise surprise. Kale chips are flaky and have a crunch but are almost like the texture of let’s say…nori. I think they are fun to eat and since I know kale has such great health benefits so it’s a win win. It contains a chock-full of calcium, fiber, Vitamin A, C and K!
I found Sriracha seasoning in the supermarket I think last summer and I sparingly use it. I figured I would stray away from the normal garlic Parmesan kale chips I usually make and use the Sriracha seasoning! ( I still topped them with a little Parmesan because, I just love Parm!)
- 1 bunch fresh kale stems removed
- 1/2 tsp. Sriracha seasoning
- salt and pepper TT
- 3 Tbsp. EVOO
- Optional: Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Wash kale and remove from stems. I just use my hands for this part and tear the kale into smaller chip sized portions. Place kale in medium sized bowl and toss with olive oil and seasonings.
- Place on a cookie sheet in a single & even layer.
- Bake in oven for 18-20 minutes, or until kale chips are crunchy.
- Serve with fresh Parmesan on top and sprinkle any additional seasonings on if necessary.