This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
How to Enjoy Yogurt 4 Ways: Breakfast, Lunch, Snack and Dessert! Yogurt is so versatile and can be incorporated into all of your meals easily throughout the day!
This post is sponsored by FAGE. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for continuing to support the brands that keep Kroll’s Korner running!
The start of Spring is the perfect time to remind yourself of your 2019 health goals and swap out the sugary snacks and desserts for a satisfying alternative.
Growing up, my mom always had our refrigerator stocked with yogurt and we always found creative ways to use it. We would top it with granola and fruit for snack time, blend it in a smoothie, freeze it and make homemade frozen yogurt for a yummy dessert, dollop it on top of soups, or use it in baking!
I’ve continued to love yogurt through my adult years not only for its versatility but for the nutritional benefits as well.
FAGE Total is an All-Natural Greek yogurt rich in protein, calcium and packed with simple goodness. So there’s no room for anything artificial! I love the distinctive rich, creamy, and delicious taste it offers up!
It is also made with live active cultures, IS Non-GMO Project Verified and has NO ADDED SUGAR! It only contains the naturally occurring milk sugar which is wonderful.
Let me show you how easy it is to enjoy FAGE anytime of day!
Starting with breakfast:
Breakfast Sweet Potato Toast with Yogurt & Strawberries (Vegetarian):
Sweet Potato Toast is still so trendy these days. It is a healthy, gluten-free breakfast that you can top like real toast! It is fast and nutritious option for busy days.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/2 cup FAGE Total 0% Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 strawberries, sliced/chopped
- 1/3 cup granola
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- Wash and slice sweet potatoes the long way into 1/4 inch thick slices.
Preheat the oven to 400ºF and spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray to help prevent sticking. Arrange the sliced sweet potato in a single layer on the baking sheet – no oil necessary!Bake until the slices are tender and easily pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes. Then place in toaster to get a little more toasty! Once you have your sweet potato toasts, spread yogurt on the bottom, then garnish with strawberries, granola, honey and avocado chunks.
Classic Wedge with Light Blue Cheese Dressing (Vegetarian,Gluten Free)
A simple classic wedge salad with a lightened blue cheese dressing thanks to the FAGE Total 0% Plain Greek Yogurt. Definitely a crowd pleaser!
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped into quarters
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 Tbsp. hemp seeds
For the dressing:
- 1 cup FAGE Total 0% Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (plus more for garnish if preferred)
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Splash of Worcestershire sauce
- Mix all of the ingredients for the dressing together in 1 small bowl. Spoon the dressing over the lettuce wedges and top with the tomatoes, almonds, hemp seeds and any additional blue cheese crumbles.Other topping ideas: bacon, candied walnuts, red onion, chopped chives, steak.
Antioxidant Smoothie Yogurt Bowl (Gluten Free, Vegetarian)
This Antioxidant Smoothie Yogurt Bowl is filled with healthy fruits and protein from the FAGE yogurt to stave off those sweet afternoon cravings. It is naturally sweetened with the delicious flavors from wild blueberries, acai, and pomegranate juice!
- 1 cup FAGE Total 0% Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 pack frozen unsweetened acai smoothie pack
- 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- In a powerful blender, blend all ingredients together until smooth. Taste and adjust to your preferred thickness. You may need to add ice to make it thicket or milk to make it thinner.Topping ideas: fresh berries, chia seeds, granola, banana, coconut flakes, cocoa nibs, pomegranate arils.
High Protein Strawberry and Pistachio Frozen Yogurt Bark
A fun Spring treat to cool you off and a great way to fit an everyday food like yogurt into your dessert!
- 2 cups FAGE Total 0% Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1/2 cup unsalted pistachios, chopped
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with foil. Be sure it’s a size that will fit in your freezer! In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the yogurt, protein powder, honey, vanilla extract, and salt.Using a rubber spatula, spread this evenly onto the cookie sheet, layer should be thin about ½ inch thick.Sprinkle toppings all around, be generous! You want to cover a lot of the surface and around the edges too with the strawberries and pistachios. Freeze for 3-4 hours or until frozen. Break apart with hands or cut with a knife and enjoy right away. Store in a plastic baggie in the freezer.
I hope you all enjoy these recipes. Be sure to tag @krolls_korner on Instagram so I can see your creations.
Let me know in the comments below if you’ve tried FAGE Total 0% Plain Greek Yogurt before!