This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
With flavors of pumpkin and a hint of nutmeg dancing on your tongue, this pistachio pumpkin soup is guaranteed to be a keeper! You will be sure to Fall in love with this Pistachio Pumpkin soup!
Fall Pistachio Pumpkin Soup is the perfect soup to cozy up with not only this Fall but all winter long too!
Pumpkins are more than just Halloween decor. Pumpkins are loaded with nutrition such as potassium, beta-carotene and antioxidants.
If you like this pumpkin recipe you’ll be sure to love my pumpkin overnight oats recipe too!
This soup also contains pistachios which offer another nutritional boost. Not only are pistachios a good source of fiber, 90% of the fat found in pistachios is unsaturated!
You’ll love my pistachio pesto too if you are a pistachio fanatic like me! I love that pesto on pasta and even on my eggs in the morning!
I always seem to jump the gun with soup season…but I can’t help it! I can’t be the only one…who else is with me?!
**Side note: I totally was snacking on the pistachios as I was making this recipe! I love pistachios for a portion controlled snack because it is a perfect way to to keep your metabolism going and maintain energy levels between meals! Or in my case…before meals 😉
How to make blender soup:
This recipe is easily made using a powerful blender. Once you boil off your potatoes and they are tender – you will essentially transfer all ingredients into the blender and blend well! I use a Vitamix for my blender soups.
Can you put hot soup in a blender?
Yes! Depending on the size of your blender, you may want to work in batches. The cool thing about the Vitamix is the friction of the blades can make steaming-hot soup in under 10 minutes, right in the container; chilled soups take even less time!
Which blender should you buy?
I am very partial to the Vitamix since it is the brand I own and I just ALWAYS hear foodies using the Vitamix. I however have heard great things about the Blendtec. With 1 Google search you can find many reviews on these items
I hope you fall in love with this pistachio pumpkin soup as much as I did. What are some of your favorite Fall inspired soup recipes? I’d love to hear!
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- 2 Russet potatoes, washed and peeled
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup unsalted shelled pistachios
- 6 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth), divided
- 1, 15 oz. can 100% pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- pinch of paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
- parsley for garnish (or green onions)
- additional pistachios for garnish
Last step! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Wash and peel the potatoes and cut into about 2-inch cubes. In a large stockpot, place the potatoes and 4 cups broth in and bring it to a boil. Boil potato until you can stick a fork thru them. This takes about 10-15 minutes. Be sure to reserve broth to add it back into the soup later on – it will reduce down to about 1-2 cups!
- While potatoes cook, sauté butter, onions, and garlic in a medium sized frying pan on medium heat, until onions become translucent; about 5-8 minutes.
- Blend the pistachios first using a powerful blender. Then, using a slotted spoon, place cooked potatoes in the blender, then pour in the onion mixture and reserved broth. Add in all additional ingredients (except the sour cream) and blend until smooth. Soup will be thick. Caution: when mixing, your blender will get hot, since the contents are hot!
- Transfer this back into the pot you boiled off the potatoes in on the stove and let it come to a simmer. Stir in the additional broth 1/2 cup at a time until the soup reaches a desired consistency. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Lastly, add in the sour cream and stir.
- Enjoy warm and top with parsley and crushed pistachios!
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is automatically calculated. It should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Kroll’s Korner can’t make any guarantees to the accuracy of this information.